TT 2023

0bserver

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Understood. That makes more sense. Maybe someone will come along and tell us why nothing ever changes for the better. I know its not easy to make road circuits safer for bikes. However one thing you can do relatively easily is slow them down. That would instantly save lives  

If I had to take a punt (and it is a punt), reluctance from entrants to ride anything other than the same machinery they ride at other events, reluctance from organisers to lose the "fastest road race in the world" status, and reluctance to rock the boat.

Personally I'd like to see the classes reflect what people are actually buying, to an extent (i.e. probably not a BMW GS class), so mostly stuff like middleweight nakeds, modern retro bikes, low-ish CC twins etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

If I had to take a punt (and it is a punt), reluctance from entrants to ride anything other than the same machinery they ride at other events, reluctance from organisers to lose the "fastest road race in the world" status, and reluctance to rock the boat.

Personally I'd like to see the classes reflect what people are actually buying, to an extent (i.e. probably not a BMW GS class), so mostly stuff like middleweight nakeds, modern retro bikes, low-ish CC twins etc.

image.png.95fd60a540e4840d974fc1455494b4fa.png

• Haha 2

I thought we were short of money ?   and given all the additional cost of running the TT this year   I was surprised to hear we are having the Red Arrows  back and also  the fireworks display , given these straightened times ,I would have thought taxpayers money could be spent in more meaningful   ways , 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I thought we were short of money ?   and given all the additional cost of running the TT this year   I was surprised to hear we are having the Red Arrows  back and also  the fireworks display , given these straightened times ,I would have thought taxpayers money could be spent in more meaningful   ways , 

08.31.20-WAB-image_v4_bevel.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, HeliX said:

Lots of reasons, but primarily that the TT isn't part of a race series that forms part of a race championship. Attendance is completely voluntary, and it stands on its own.

Does anyone else find it ironic that they guy who successfully petitioned to have the race removed from the World Championship has one of the more deadly parts of the course named after him? 

2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Does anyone else find it ironic that they guy who successfully petitioned to have the race removed from the World Championship has one of the more deadly parts of the course named after him? 

It is rather strange, because bikes had been 'leaping' at that point for many years, long before the iconic photo of him with his front wheel in the air. It could just as easily been call 'Freddie Frith's Leap' 😉

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 10:29 PM, Nellie said:

It is rather strange, because bikes had been 'leaping' at that point for many years, long before the iconic photo of him with his front wheel in the air. It could just as easily been call 'Freddie Frith's Leap' 😉

Because "Freddie's Leap" does not sound as sexy as Ago's 

That's show business..

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Hopefully you get your trip away - however at no point does it say it’s happening- it says they can now promote it.

Gloating will be allowed on official notification that it’s happening.

I am gloating in advance of the final gloat. From what I’ve read, it’s on. And regardless one of my best mates lives in Port Rush so my trip away is happening regardless. 🏍️💨

15 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Hopefully you get your trip away - however at no point does it say it’s happening- it says they can now promote it.

Gloating will be allowed on official notification that it’s happening.

https://www.northwest200.org/the-coleraine-and-district-motor-club-is-delighted-to-announce-this-years-fonacab-and-nicholl-oils-north-west-200-will-take-place-as-planned-on-may-7-13/

call me Gloaty McGloatface 

• Like 1