TT 2023

0bserver

7 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

It'll be a bespoke temporary Huff house from Germany that'll arrive by helicopter as it won't be able to fit on the ferry only to turn out to be right-handed instead of left-handed and the Manx flag will mysteriously have 4 legs and not 3.

It’s already built and there, and was constructed by a local firm.

It looks a decent sized consider the restricted and narrow does e they had to work with.

On 3/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Difficult one to comprehend really- Benefactor writes cheque to celebrate 25 years of being rich - chapeau will he sign it next year.

Personally if they fall off over there they’re not our responsibility so crack on it’s Privately backed.

And there you go 100% 

ROAD RACING IS PRIVATELY FUNDED.

You've changed your tune, make your mind up fella. You're scraping the barrel now.

Missed the chance to use a  cantilevered design from over the wall in the cemetery, which would of removed the hut from the racing line and could of got rid of the eyesore concrete collision blocks all year round. Just like when I was a wee ankle snapper and the road was totally clear for the winter. The score boards were removed and stored up in the sheds behind the then children's home where they would be repaired and painted every year to be slotted back in at the start of may. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Missed the chance to use a  cantilevered design from over the wall in the cemetery, which would of removed the hut from the racing line and could of got rid of the eyesore concrete collision blocks all year round. Just like when I was a wee ankle snapper and the road was totally clear for the winter. The score boards were removed and stored up in the sheds behind the then children's home where they would be repaired and painted every year to be slotted back in at the start of may. 

Great shame there gone and a loss of some iconic TT history , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Nope - acknowledging the difference between private benefactor vanity project and Tax payer funded death race isn’t really scraping said barrel.

It is and you know it. It's not the only blood on the hands of the taxpayer, if it's only taxpayer funded death you want to stop then there are far more productive places to start then the TT. I guess they don't close the roads though eh?

15 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It is and you know it. It's not the only blood on the hands of the taxpayer, if it's only taxpayer funded death you want to stop then there are far more productive places to start then the TT. I guess they don't close the roads though eh?

Arrrrrrffffff 😂😂😂😂 I’ll beep my horn at you in Ramsey square with the others 

12 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

See the fair is trying to make a comeback for the TT. Alinson not in favour saying the money that people spend there could be spent at local shops and dealers. The man is f*%£ing delusional

Yet the government were very supportive of the circus coming last week.

Nothing against the circus, it was ace but I am not seeing much difference between the two from a local spend point of view.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Nothing against the circus, it was ace but I am not seeing much difference between the two from a local spend point of view.

me neither except maybe the circus is considered classier than a conning pikey fairground.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Are you suggesting that as tax payers we subsidised the circus?

That had better not be true!

13 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

See the fair is trying to make a comeback for the TT. Alinson not in favour saying the money that people spend there could be spent at local shops and dealers. The man is f*%£ing delusional

The application in The Examiner is by Event Management Solutions Ltd on behalf of Mr Jan De-Koning and is only for the prom between the War Memorial and Granville Street. In past years Taylors Funfair used all the prom. Do we now have competition for a place on the prom? If so I hope the Corpy are milking them on price and putting some restrictions in place. 

Presumably Event Management Solutions would haver to have the support/consent of the Corpy to put in the application for a Music and Dancing Licence?   

• Sad 1