TT 2023

0bserver

22 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They thanked both the government and the steam packet for all their help at the start of the show.

That doesn’t mean there was any financial contribution or assistance.

More likely it’s just for help with the logistics, permits etc.

If you have any evidence to suggest there was a financial incentive from government for them to come I would like to see it?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They thanked both the government and the steam packet for all their help at the start of the show.

An affinity with clowns maybe? 'Help' = Taxpayers money? No doubt 'commercially sensitive' impernetrable FOI sheild is already up. Bet DBC must be pissed not to get a mention.

Edited by CallMeCurious
  • Haha 3

Even if government did contribute £££, to pay absorb permit costs etc, I would suspect it would be in the region of £5,000-10,000. It provides quality entertainment to families and a better quality of life for those people.

Govt invest in other things that will contribute to your quality of life, even if this didn't, and that's fine - it's  how life works 

• Like 3

The only thing government invest in is the gravy train that they and the civil service have tickets to ride, till the cash runs out then disappear without a thought about the greater manx public. And judging by all the increases and unsustainable/death nell  that the population increase will turn out to be, that time is fast approaching. Not sure who said it lately "we can not keep dipping into reserves to balance the budget" needs to have a word with Allinson and say. If your not up to the job(stating the bleedin obvious) get off the pot and let some one who can, though god alone knows where we can find some one with the calibre in that bereft brain trust we call government. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Courier are reporting no live music at grandstand to reduce impact on residents! It only went on until 11 pm as far as I know so can’t see many food outlets wanting to open on non race days & evenings if no entertainment, more money for bushys I suppose

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Courier are reporting no live music at grandstand to reduce impact on residents! It only went on until 11 pm as far as I know so can’t see many food outlets wanting to open on non race days & evenings if no entertainment, more money for bushys I suppose

I hope it's a slightly belated April fool

1 hour ago, Banker said:

They had quite a creative line-up of bands last year. The problem was you didn't know when they we were going to be on because some motor bike blokes were giving out irrelevant awards and their schedule was flexible due to the weather. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Declan said:

They had quite a creative line-up of bands last year. The problem was you didn't know when they we were going to be on because some motor bike blokes were giving out irrelevant awards and their schedule was flexible due to the weather. 

The motorbike racing seems to spoil an otherwise great event

• Like 3