TT 2023

0bserver

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

report on radio , all because of the locals who don’t want any disturbance 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-live-music-at-tt-fan-park-as-improvements-made-for-nearby-residents/

Okells will be really please about this.....not!  Bushys will be delighted. Even bigger queues for shit warm beer down at the Villa. The trackside bar was miles ahead in terms of quality. Surely it wont be worth their while without entertainment

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, forestboy said:

NIMBY pandering. 

Surely it would be better to just issue them with some fetching TT branded ear protection?

It's not like the bikes that can go on to 9ish aren't very noisy. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-live-music-at-tt-fan-park-as-improvements-made-for-nearby-residents/

It's not just noise, which isn't really intrusive, parking becomes a huge issue in the area, especially for disabled residents. 

It's probably best to get visitors out and about rather than focused in one area?

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's not just noise, which isn't really intrusive, parking becomes a huge issue in the area, especially for disabled residents. 

It's probably best to get visitors out and about rather than focused in one area?

Disagree.  The fan zone at the grandstand was brilliant.  The best I ever remember.

This stupid decision needs overruling fast so they can get some acts lined up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ativa said:

Disagree.  The fan zone at the grandstand was brilliant.  The best I ever remember.

This stupid decision needs overruling fast so they can get some acts lined up.

Agreed.   It was the best new addition to the TT format that I can remember.  

Surely they can come to some sort of arrangement?  Only on race days, or finish a little earlier?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Applying that logic, there's a very good argument for cancelling the TT altogether then, as anyone living elsewhere on the Course who might normally park on the road outside their property or adjacent to it, is not able to do so during the event.  Parking becomes a huge issue for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Blimey @Max Power. You are well out of touch. We had visitors last year. They loved it. We took them to Bushys first night. Grandstand the next. They never went back to Bushys the whole week. They said it was full of pissed 16year olds. The loved the grandstand and so did we. Riders and mechanics the same. All the more glad we wont be here this year. Dumbest decision ever ever ever. Keep half a dozen moaners happy. Piss off thousands. This event is trying its best to kill itself off

• Like 3

1 hour ago, forestboy said:
1 hour ago, Banker said:

NIMBY pandering. 

I wonder if this is really driven by the residents - the DfE lot don't normally bother to consider their feelings.  Note that the ban is only for live music.  More likely someone has decided they can 'save' money by using recorded and this won't have any effect on the experience or the numbers coming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wonder if this is really driven by the residents - the DfE lot don't normally bother to consider their feelings.  Note that the ban is only for live music.  More likely someone has decided they can 'save' money by using recorded and this won't have any effect on the experience or the numbers coming.

This is probably true, but one thing to consider are competitors and teams trying to get rest before racing the following day! I think this was a point raised last year?

As far as parking is concerned, the races may place cars outside properties during the day, but not at night. Disabled residents become prisoners when they can't access their vehicles. I'm not sure that these are considerations anyway. It's probably more down to costs?

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The Shuttle Bus idea is a winner,hopefully doing a circular route between the Sea Terminal and St Ninians area with stops along the Prom,I would easily pay up to £4 for a single journey.Ive been at every TT since 1978 and its a thought trailing up Broadway with a Barrel of beer( having drunk it first) in your sixties. I think Laxey has this type of bus, to the beach in the summer?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This is probably true, but one thing to consider are competitors and teams trying to get rest before racing the following day! I think this was a point raised last year?

As far as parking is concerned, the races may place cars outside properties during the day, but not at night. Disabled residents become prisoners when they can't access their vehicles. I'm not sure that these are considerations anyway. It's probably more down to costs?

Racers, their crews and there other hangers on. Tucked up in bed by 11 enjoying a peaceful nights sleep? Not being disturbed by music that finishes at 11.

Jeez. Either times have changed and I am out of touch, or may its you. One of us is though