TT 2023

0bserver

Just now, Steve_Christian said:

On and off since 1997 - only missed years leading up to 2012 when I was deployed on operations (was in the military for 16 years). I miss the early morning practices; first marshalled at Greeba Bridge and latterly at Brandish however I was working off Island last year and missed the TT. Hopefully will be able to sign up this year work permitting. Oh, and I was a director of the TTMA (until I had to resign when my work took me off island). Why do you ask?  

You seem so naive about the current reality.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Christian said:

Lol. Really?  And you are sooooo well informed. How many races were cancelled or postponed because a lack of marshals last year? Remind me please. What’s your point popeye ? 

How many were nearly lost last year is the real question...more than most were delayed moving people around. Now we have an extra weekend to cater for, when 80% of marshalls are usually  heading back home.

Wake up.

• Like 2

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

How many were nearly lost last year is the real question...more than most were delayed moving people around. Now we have an extra weekend to cater for, when 80% of marshalls are usually  heading back home.

Wake up.

Wide awake pal. Have you signed up? I hope so. Good lad. Carry on. Perhaps get your mates to sign up too. If you have any? Probably not. 

• Thanks 3

Wide awake pal. Have you signed up? I hope so. Good lad. Carry on. Perhaps get your mates to sign up too. If you have any? Probably not. 

I don't think you are awake to the reality...I've been involved for many years...and I'll be at the meeting  Friday.

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Now we have an extra weekend to cater for, when 80% of marshalls are usually  heading back home.

Are they, though? People don’t tend to rush off on the Friday night, they go back Saturday afternoon. The Senior TT is scheduled for Saturday morning. The current schedule was first announced prior to Covid, so people have had warning too.

It *will* be an issue if the Senior is moved to Sunday because of weather, but that’s always the case if the schedule gets extended.

The change of schedule has largely come from manufacturers, especially in the Supersport and Lightweight categories, who wanted the extra races to justify their investment.

You said - they could support the event like 90% of the locals do, insinuating that they don’t support the event - which is how it came across to me. Did I get the wrong end of the stick? Apologies if so. 

Yes.

I am a massive TT fan and have been a Marshall for 30 years.

maybe something got lost in translation