TT 2023

0bserver

32 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Nothing will change unless the TT has a Le Mans '55 moment

And some might say that the faster they go and the more the obsession with lifting lap records every year is allowed to take precedence - the more likely we are to have such an event...

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It's not just pro-heritage, it's pro-choice.

You have no right to tell people how to live their lives, whatever choice they make, regardless of the outcome...provided they are within the law.

Abbeting suicide is a criminal offence, letting thick fuck brickies out for their drug hit is what?

10 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Are they, though? People don’t tend to rush off on the Friday night, they go back Saturday afternoon. 

no , enough people rush of friday evening and saturday morning to drop numbers enough for there to be insufficient left to do the job,   there is very little if any spare capacity , there was an appeal went out last minute last year for marshalls so that racing could take place  , a friend signed up and because they had marshalled previously ( ages ago ) and they got flags to wave. marshall numbers are tight exacerbated by the ' i only marshal here ' brigade who rightly or wrongly want to marshal at certain locations for in some  cases convenience and others for the group of friends they have marshalled with for years which makes it a semi social event for them and less onerous  .  this is why they were shifting marshals around last year which will have upset a few who had to leave their preferred social groups.  

Edited by WTF

46 minutes ago, WTF said:

sounds familiar ,  like every year for the last 20.

I’ve been here for almost 20, and in that time TT’s future has seemed to become less secure. Age profile of fans and racers, Marshals, Insurance, lack of tolerance of the inevitable deaths and injuries…

What hasn’t changed in my time here is the stuck in history local fans who believe it will go on for ever and no changes are required to try to secure its future. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

there was an appeal went out last minute last year for marshalls so that racing could take place

I know, but that’s because the race was postponed from the Friday. If it’s actually scheduled to take place on the Saturday morning it’s different.

They really will struggle if the Senior has to be delayed to the Sunday for whatever reason, to the extent that if Saturday’s a washout there probably won’t be a Senior TT.

48 minutes ago, wrighty said:

the stuck in history local fans who believe it will go on for ever and no changes are required to try to secure its future

I’d agree with this bit, look at the schedule change and the meltdown surrounding it. If you want the race to be a live TV spectacle you don’t run it on a Friday lunchtime, and it’s survival will depend on TV.

As for the speed of the bikes, I’m conflicted as the superbikes really are proper monsters these days. But, let’s face it, hitting a wall at 110mph instead of 130mph isn’t really going to change much for one’s life chances.

• Like 1