TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, paswt said:

There was an EGA of the IOMTTMA Ltd which was adjourned  when members voted against it being wound up , it was then adjourned again  and members were subsequently advised that it was wound up on 31Dec 22 . 

The company did not change it's structure it was folded without reference to it's members and replaced by a new company , the TTMA ltd.

Perhaps before posting inaccurate information you should check facts .

hope this helps

I don’t know how much clearer I can be. Before the TTMA folded and became the TTMa Ltd - or whatever happened, it had 6 directors, of which I was one, voted in by the membership, we were consulted on the changes to the TT as marshal representatives in 2020. We were unable to share the information wider as it was embargoed. Latterly (after I had to resign as I was working permanently off island) they changed the corporate structure and what you say above happened.  Therefore, clearly you have beef with the current structure and decisions - but my point is 100% accurate - the TTMA as it was, was consulted about the changes and we had opportunity to feed into the decision making process. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

I don’t know how much clearer I can be. Before the TTMA folded and became the TTMa Ltd - or whatever happened, it had 6 directors, of which I was one, voted in by the membership, we were consulted on the changes to the TT as marshal representatives in 2020. We were unable to share the information wider as it was embargoed. Latterly (after I had to resign as I was working permanently off island) they changed the corporate structure and what you say above happened.  Therefore, clearly you have beef with the current structure and decisions - but my point is 100% accurate - the TTMA as it was, was consulted about the changes and we had opportunity to feed into the decision making process. 

An EGA was called by the IOMTTMA ltd on 9th Feb ( attended by many 'members' including myself) which was adjourned until the 2nd March as two information was available on the companies assets and liabilities. The members voted for an adjournment and expressed the view of their dissatisfaction  with the proposal that the IOMTTMA be folded and replaced by the TTMA ltd which would comprise 2 members ( approved by government).

The rescheduled EGA did not take place and members of the IOMTTMA ltd were notified in Dec 22 that the company will cease to exist on 31 Dec 22.

That is precisely what happened.

I would be grateful for information on this "embargo" you refer to ?

I would venture to suggest that the members of a company should be the ones who decide if the company should voluntarily fold , 

Perhaps the directors were consulted about the changes but the members certainly were not , neither were serving marshals.

Your assertion that I have a " beef"  is without foundation and by your own admission ("whatever happened") you have demonstrated your ignorance , hence my post explaining what happened .

21 minutes ago, paswt said:

An EGA was called by the IOMTTMA ltd on 9th Feb ( attended by many 'members' including myself) which was adjourned until the 2nd March as two information was available on the companies assets and liabilities. The members voted for an adjournment and expressed the view of their dissatisfaction  with the proposal that the IOMTTMA be folded and replaced by the TTMA ltd which would comprise 2 members ( approved by government).

The rescheduled EGA did not take place and members of the IOMTTMA ltd were notified in Dec 22 that the company will cease to exist on 31 Dec 22.

That is precisely what happened.

I would be grateful for information on this "embargo" you refer to ?

I would venture to suggest that the members of a company should be the ones who decide if the company should voluntarily fold , 

Perhaps the directors were consulted about the changes but the members certainly were not , neither were serving marshals.

Your assertion that I have a " beef"  is without foundation and by your own admission ("whatever happened") you have demonstrated your ignorance , hence my post explaining what happened .

FFS. I wasn’t a director or involved with regards to all of the changes you mention above. I resigned as a director in 2021 when I moved off island for work.  Frankly if you have a beef with the TTMA raise it with the TTMA at the meeting in Friday. Raising it on here and with me is a waste of yours and my time. I have no involvement any more. 

can i be clear (again). The TTMA was consulted with regards to the changes to the schedule and the new safety management system. We all signed NDAs as clearly the TT marketing and organisers wanted to do a launch event when all the details had been agreed and full consultation and agreement had been completed. My point was - the TTMA was consulted and represented the marshals on the changes. I was not involved after this and I had no involvement in the changes you outline above. All of the members were serving marshals at the time, including the chief sector marshal (the most senior marshal). I hope that helps. 

Edited by Steve_Christian
Addition

2 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

FFS. I wasn’t a director or involved with regards to all of the changes you mention above. I resigned as a director in 2021 when I moved off island for work.  Frankly if you have a beef with the TTMA raise it with the TTMA at the meeting in Friday. Raising it on here and with me is a waste of yours and my time. I have no involvement any more. 

can i be clear (again). The TTMA was consulted with regards to the changes to the schedule and the new safety management system. We all signed NDAs as clearly the TT marketing and organisers wanted to do a launch event when all the details had been agreed and full consultation and agreement had been completed. My point was - the TTMA was consulted and represented the marshals on the changes. I was not involved after this and I had no involvement in the changes you outline above. All of the members were serving marshals at the time, including the chief sector marshal (the most senior marshal). I hope that helps. 

where did the money go ?

• Like 2

Our current Governor is once again proving himself as a legend. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/islands-lieutenant-governor-and-his-wife-will-marshal-at-this-years-tt/

Anyone from Govt actually roll their sleeves up and ever get really involved (other than the VIP hospitality)?