TT 2023

0bserver

Update on the Mountain closure ...

In order to allow the Lhergy Frissell Hill Climb to take place tomorrow (Saturday 29 April) the Department has temporarily fitted armoured fencing (as previously used at the TT scoreboard at Glencrutchery Road). This is only a short term measure that can be used in controlled circumstances. After the event the fencing will be removed and work to further stabilise the rock face will commence this weekend.

Reopening of the A18 Mountain Road - south

The Mountain Road will open this evening from 5pm from Creg Ny Baa to the Bungalow. This will allow traffic to flow between Douglas and the north and west via the Tholt Y Will Road and the Beinn Y Phott Road

A18 Mountain Road – North

The road between Ramsey and the Bungalow will remain closed and the Department will use the contingency week available under the current closure order. Whether the road closure will have to be extended beyond next week will be determined by the condition of the underlying rock as stabilisation work continues.....

Edited by daisy
  • Confused 1

As it’s now a month to go for the IoM government sponsored death race it seems fitting to do my annual predictions. As I was spot on last year with my predictions this is not going to be easy, so here goes;

4 Rider Deaths

6 ‘fan’ deaths 

I can’t call on the number of life changing injuries as no official data is provided but it’ll be many. 

14 minutes ago, Gizo said:

As it’s now a month to go for the IoM government sponsored death race it seems fitting to do my annual predictions. As I was spot on last year with my predictions this is not going to be easy, so here goes;

4 Rider Deaths

6 ‘fan’ deaths 

I can’t call on the number of life changing injuries as no official data is provided but it’ll be many. 

I don't think anyone wants or needs your grizzly predictions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

It’s not me who’s perpetuating this death fest, it’s YOU and your like. I’m only commenting on actual or likely events. Something you apologists are unaware of. 

36 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Bear with me here, I think we should not pandar to his desire for discourse on such a black subject matter.

And yet you’re happy with 262 racing deaths so far and won’t see the event for what it actually is. 
#everest

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

It's a matter of perception.   

Some say 'grizzly predictions' whereas others might say "almost nailed on certainties".   

Whatever your outlook, the weather will play a big part in the final outcome.    

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

4 Rider Deaths

6 ‘fan’ deaths 

Got to say it’s probably a good guess.

I’m going with 3 riders 4 visitors.

Nothing morbid in commenting on the inevitable - what is worse is pretending it’s absolutely fine for people to get dead on an annual basis and then champion the event.

• Like 2