TT 2023

0bserver

21 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

My Grandfather raced here up to the late 50s, the tales he told of decapitations, and limb destroying crashes were legendary , even back then, at much lower speeds.

He would hold a glued audience around our Christmas Dinner Table describing the decapitations, gore and screaming riders dying in pain. 

A glued and very nauseous audience no doubt. Most families would have had granddad sat at a table by himself in another room and out of earshot of people trying to eat if he insisted on telling gory stories during a meal someone had taken hours to prepare. 

I get the feeling you're a bit of a chip off the old block when it comes to telling inappropriate stories at mealtimes (or on a forum focused on a country in which you don't even live).

49 minutes ago, Zarley said:

A glued and very nauseous audience no doubt. Most families would have had granddad sat at a table by himself in another room and out of earshot of people trying to eat if he insisted on telling gory stories during a meal someone had taken hours to prepare. 

I get the feeling you're a bit of a chip off the old block when it comes to telling inappropriate stories at mealtimes (or on a forum focused on a country in which you don't even live).

Not at all, I and my siblings wanted to expand our knowledge of the world and what goes on in it.

You can learn every day something new, to the day you die, if you are open to it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

It was that pesky @Ghost Ship what did it.

Whoops!  Sorry!

I originally thought it was Roger M and completely discounted Roger B (both Lincolnshire lads)

When Max suggested they'd had one TT win I thought Ron H instead. 

I'm doubtful any of them were worth £35k in the 80s...

(Are actual names verboten regarding who this is?)

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

Whoops!  Sorry!

I originally thought it was Roger M and completely discounted Roger B (both Lincolnshire lads)

When Max suggested they'd had one TT win I thought Ron H instead. 

I'm doubtful any of them were worth £35k in the 80s...

(Are actual names verboten regarding who this is?)

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm even more confused now. 😆

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

Who do you think it was then?  The only person I thought might fit the bill was a long-haired, moustachioed medallion man from Lincolnshire*, but I don't think he won a TT.  (Plus £35k would be a lot for him.)

One of his team-mates form the 80s?

*Doesn't narrow it down much!  😄

I suspect he's referring to Roger Burnett - Won 1986 Senior TT. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Couple of good weeks he might make top 10 

7 wins

25 podiums

Top overall championship finish is 4th

Championship position 2022 was 9th

Edited by Ativa