TT 2023

0bserver

9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Did Mo Farah get it from the tax payer ?

In the case of the Great North Run, yes. Can’t be arsed checking who funds the London Marathon.

Both races have killed a few people, too.

Edited by Ringy Rose

3 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Well that’s rubbish. 

A few people have died during or shortly after these events. If you get several thousand people together doing anything at all there’s a non-zero chance that one of them will die in the next few hours. 

These running events have contributed positively to public health and fitness and overall have saved lives. Comparing them to the inevitable TT deaths is nonsense. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

In the case of the Great North Run, yes. Can’t be arsed checking who funds the London Marathon.

Christ almighty these TT tossers will use any old nonsense to justify this death race. It’s fucking unbelievable sometimes. 
#londonmarathon

5 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Ahhh.

Hairnet - Burnett?

/penny drops

Funnily enough he was the second person I thought of after Roger Marshall.  But I discounted him as I wasn't aware he had a "Barry Sheene" reputation.

Not worth £35k... in my opinion...

To all the TT haters and critics on this page. In the words of agent Smith - it’s inevitable. It’s happening and will continue for many years. So you may as well stop wasting your time posting and go to Busheys for a beer (or leave the island and rent your house out). Either way, whatever you write on here is utterly pointless.

and…. Here comes some pointless comments about my post that make no difference…. Go.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wrighty said:

A few people have died during or shortly after these events. If you get several thousand people together doing anything at all there’s a non-zero chance that one of them will die in the next few hours. 

I quite agree, but if deaths at the London Marathon are inevitable (15 in 30 years I believe) then why are deaths at the TT any different?

I know people joke about #everest, but they tend to joke about #everest rather than answer the underlying question.

Edited by Ringy Rose