TT 2023

0bserver

4 hours ago, Ativa said:

Tearing down Bray Hill on a bike is easily a thousand times more fun and exhilarating than trudging around the streets of London for 2 to 10 hours.

Like you’ve ever done it other than on your droppy in 1985 fantasy man. 

3 hours ago, Declan said:

It seems to me that rugby and running don't shrug off deaths as "he died doing what he loved" but actively seek to reduce the risk. 

The TT organisers have been actively seeking to reduce the risk for years. For example all the Recticel fencing around the course, which first started appearing around 2006 (I think) and has been progressively added to nearly every year since then. The restricted areas for spectators, which get more each year. The Shellgrip surfacing. The non-slip paint. The enhancements in medical care. The enhanced Marshal training. The improved communications around the course. The recent introduction of electronic red flags. The list goes on. The idea that the race organisers shrug their shoulders and don't do anything to try to reduce the risk is just wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, piebaps said:

The RFU concussion awareness program has been running since 2016 and the Head Injury Assessment (HIA) since 2012.

And both only came into being after head injury litigation in the US cost the NFL the thick end of a billion dollars, and rugby saw they’d be next in the sights. Football continues to stick its head in the sand.

And even with all that, rugby players are still twice as likely to develop dementia.

20 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Schoolboys dying in scrums? How many? Accidents happen doing everything.

I completely agree, but I don’t want to see the TT abolished because accidents happen.

The TT "diehard's", -  never a name more accurate, ever, as to the usual outcome of a TT crash - will defend the races no matter what the cost to the island or human life.

As I said yesterday, the really horrible thing for IOM residents is that your income tax payments goes to pay riders "Start Money" 

"Start Money" paid to entice riders to go to the island and risk their lives.

#sellthemburgers

28 minutes ago, BriT said:

Like you’ve ever done it other than on your droppy in 1985 fantasy man. 

Never had a droppy 

I have had a number of motorbikes but have never had the balls to ride them on closed roads, or the fitness or skill required.

Edited by Ativa

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Boxing is probably morally indefensible, but at least spectators don’t risk getting taken out by a wild left hook. The danger is all in the ring. 

An interesting argument, to be critical of the TT out of concern for spectators. So apart from the willing riders and willing spectators, is there anyone else you'd like to wrap up in cotton wool to protect them from themselves?

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

@Ativastill has 4 weeks to wash his Mick Grant T Shirt and stick dead flies on the front of bike - probably taped a lolly stick to the back to sound like a motorcycle not a BMX.

Absolute certain Ativa walks round the Grandstand area all day in his full leathers and Aria helmet then jumps in his car to drive home. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Absolute certain Ativa walks round the Grandstand area all day in his full leathers and Aria helmet then jumps in his car to drive home. 

Kevlar Jeans and a Nissan Micra - Status Quo on a TDK 90.

”I’m home Mum”

”I’ve made your lunch for tomorrow @Ativa you special little soldier”…….

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

The TT "diehard's", -  never a name more accurate, ever, as to the usual outcome of a TT crash - will defend the races no matter what the cost to the island or human life.

As I said yesterday, the really horrible thing for IOM residents is that your income tax payments goes to pay riders "Start Money" 

"Start Money" paid to entice riders to go to the island and risk their lives.

#sellthemburgers

What’s it got to do with you , you don’t live here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Kevlar Jeans and a Nissan Micra - Status Quo on a TDK 90.

”I’m home Mum”

”I’ve made your lunch for tomorrow @Ativa you special little soldier”…….

It’s a long time since my Mum was capable of making me lunch unfortunately, but what a hilarious little fella you are.

No Arai either, they don’t suit my head shape and I have always got on much better with Shoei.

Also very wrong on the music front and every other little personal pop you have had.  It’s flattering that you and a couple of others seem to give me so much thought though.

Like thousands of others I am looking forward to TT and will be spending some time up at the grandstand admiring the bikes and enjoying the atmosphere.  I have never had any merchandise for any team or rider, I am simply someone who enjoys the event in general with no favourites and as an adult have never really got the “fan” thing that some people have for sports people, musicians or celebrities. 

I will continue to try and out a bit back and help the event as and where I can and will continue to ride my various bikes on and off road for my own  enjoyment and partly for the great social side of having a shared interest with a diverse and friendly group.

I would suggest a few here might be fit from finding a shared interest with people who could become life long friends but some just seem like slightly pathetic little keyboard warriors who moan about everything and who would probably struggle to fit in.  The TT doesn’t need people like that and will survive and grow for years to come despite their moaning 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The land slides on the mountain road are raising concern there has been another one today and civil engineers reckon there could be more .

Mannanan shakes his head at all the arguing surrounding the TT and inadvertently causes cliff-face landslides on the TT course.

"You're all a bunch of numpties." - Mannanan, probably. 

19 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The land slides on the mountain road are raising concern there has been another one today and civil engineers reckon there could be more .

Not very civil engineers reckon there could be fucking loads more you ugly bastard. 

• Haha 1