TT 2023

0bserver

On 5/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Roxanne said:

I saw the picture. It looks like one hell of a landslide.

Paul Carey and sons on the job with their diggers.

Right.

Just hoping they don't leave the digger in the road Rox:flowers:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, NoTail said:

Big article in the Sunday Times magazine about the TT today. Doesn't paint the TT or the Island in a very good light.

I thought it was very balanced, what part did you think didn't paint the island in a good light? 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, NoTail said:

Big article in the Sunday Times magazine about the TT today. Doesn't paint the TT or the Island in a very good light.

I disagree, as Max said, I also thought it was balanced. It pulled no punches but it also recognised the desires of the racers, their families and their fans. 

• Like 2

you could write the same article about climbing Everest  or any other  high risk sporting challenge ,  only in the last few weeks  double figures have been killed and seriously injured in ski accidents in France and Italy , 

lets keep things in perspective ,  the media will always be looking   for  so called sensational stories 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I thought it was very balanced, what part did you think didn't paint the island in a good light? 

37 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I disagree, as Max said, I also thought it was balanced. It pulled no punches but it also recognised the desires of the racers, their families and their fans. 

I thought it was well balanced too.

Not sure about the 'marooned in the Irish sea' comment. 'Located' would be more accurate

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

you could write the same article about climbing Everest  or any other  high risk sporting challenge ,  only in the last few weeks  double figures have been killed and seriously injured in ski accidents in France and Italy , 

lets keep things in perspective ,  the media will always be looking   for  so called sensational stories 

When they send the snow plough up the slope after a fatal accident as the others descend as instructed by the Big Ski Controllers then it might have perspective.

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

Hashtag fucking Everest in all its fucking glory. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gizo said:

I don't like the fact I'm paying for fat white old men to kill themselves

You're not, the TT is a net contributor to the Manx economy. Unlike the millions we pay the UK each year for "defense" which is responsible for far more deaths, not restricted to willing participants either, and despite us not actually needing defending.

I guess that doesn't inconvenience you to the same extent though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Funny how the figures are never published tho are they?  And to be fair if a firm is dependant on two weeks a year income that not really the best business plan is is? Time to stop romanticising the event and get true figures as in how much Gov subsidising /inconvenience and needless loss of life but caveat “doing what they loved”. Why should taxpayer subsidise a selfish hobby