TT 2023

0bserver

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What? 

You don't even watch the TT, obviously. 

If it brings in more than is spent, which it does, you are paying nothing!

Wow - I’m contributing as a taxpayer to Nathan Harrison’s paid for by Government Honda ride.

When the world largest manufacturer of motorcycles has to be paid to come here surely you can see that it’s over.

All the recent road closures for repair, if on the TT course should be budgeted and accessible for scrutiny from a TT fund / budget and not from a general DOI road repair budget.

The default position of it makes millions is a blinkered naive position- many businesses are hugely inconvenienced with a throw away apologist justification of “it’s the TT”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Wow - I’m contributing as a taxpayer to Nathan Harrison’s paid for by Government Honda ride.

When the world largest manufacturer of motorcycles has to be paid to come here surely you can see that it’s over.

All the recent road closures for repair, if on the TT course should be budgeted and accessible for scrutiny from a TT fund / budget and not from a general DOI road repair budget.

The default position of it makes millions is a blinkered naive position- many businesses are hugely inconvenienced with a throw away apologist justification of “it’s the TT”

Nobody has officially confirmed what Harrison is costing other than you !! Do you have some sort of personal grievance against him?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Errrr. Not everyone benefits.

Errr but nobody loses!

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

What makes you think that the government has paid for Nathan's ride? Ahh of course, the Manx Crab rumour mill!!

Simple back of a fag packet stuff, c.40,000 visitors spending a minimum of £500 (fat chance of getting away with that) in the Manx economy generates £20,000,000. That's pretty conservative, but £4,000,000 approx VAT takings. Then there's sponsorship, admissions, hospitality, licensing, media, etc etc. all income! The budget for the TT and MGP a handful of years ago was £5.5m, I believe that's been slashed. 

The TT and MGP are the only bright spots on a pretty dismal calendar of events on the IoM, money isn't everything, without them we'd all be worse off, even you pair!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If it brings in more than is spent, which it does, you are paying nothing

Utter horse shit. Unfortunately we will never know how much it costs to put the greatest show on earth but I reckon you won’t be far from 40million. 

37 minutes ago, Gizo said:

It’s not me who supports a white ‘sport’

What's white about it which offends you? It's a truly international sport, held in a country which is predominantly white so what would you expect?

Edited by Max Power

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nobody has officially confirmed what Harrison is costing other than you !! Do you have some sort of personal grievance against him?

No personal grievance and nobody will officially confirm it’s the nature of undisclosed costs “but everyone makes money” nature of the event.

I hope he has a safe fortnight that’s what I hope for, for all who are involved.

There is a previous example of a paid for local ride not ending well.

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

No personal grievance and nobody will officially confirm it’s the nature of undisclosed costs “but everyone makes money” nature of the event.

I hope he has a safe fortnight that’s what I hope for, for all who are involved.

There is a previous example of a paid for local ride not ending well.

Likewise, do you have any evidence of that? He was an accomplished Irish road racing champion riding for an Irish team.

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

No you don't, it pays for itself, no loss to the taxpayer!

I bet it only pays for itself if you're 'careful' with the accounting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yeah because they're not used as roads the rest of the time.

I think we all get that you don't like the TT and that's fine, it's not compulsory.

I think the endless bollocks and conspiracy theory bollocks you post over various user names does get a bit tiresome.

You don't like the TT, not as many people as you would like agree with you. Get over it FFS.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2