TT 2023

0bserver

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

They have in various places in island recently.

Where is there a new surface laid this year that isn’t of equal or better standard?  They have really upped their game, it just seems some people can only live in the past and not see the current.

Have you traveled on the Santon to Fairy Bridge road??

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Yes.

Have you read my post?

Have they resurfaced that road in the last six months?

Richmond hill is falling to pieces again. Pot hole central. How many millions been spent on that.

but then it’s not on the Tt course is it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

Richmond hill is falling to pieces again. Pot hole central. How many millions been spent on that.

but then it’s not on the Tt course is it. 

Yes I know.  Why have you quoted my post with that startling revelation?

40 minutes ago, WTF said:

they've paid for the boat , that is more than enough  into the economy

Is it? I just checked its only £250 return with a motorbike even this close in, I paid more than that mid-winter in a car.  That £1 million insurance policy, plus the multi-million infrastructure works, the extra doctors, nurses helicopters are not going to be covered by dirty skanks who live of ginsters, sleeping in hedges and defecating any place they think they can get away with. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

probably because you have rose tinted glasses where the DoI is concerned. They are pretty much crap at everything they do

Not at all.

I posted how well they had done at windy corner recently.

I now notice they have had to come off the stone filled trench inside the corner as people were cutting onto it and throwing stones onto the road.  That is a clear oversight.

Rose tinted glasses and the ability to see things have improved over recent months aren’t the same thing.  It’s simply the ability to see that as much as they have screwed up in the recent past (promenade, Richmond Hill, etc etc) the recent work is actually pretty good and if you look objectively rather than with shit tinted glasses you put on two years ago and stubbornly refuse to clean, they have done an awful lot in a few months.

Edited by Ativa
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Ativa said:

They have in various places in island recently.

Where is there a new surface laid this year that isn’t of equal or better standard?  They have really upped their game, it just seems some people can only live in the past and not see the current.

Can you name a non-TT course road that's been resurfaced to the same extent? (Not including arse end of nowhere country lanes).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Visitors should have to evidence proof of paid accomodation or address of where they are staying, for all the money that the TT is supposed to bring in, it would appear many just come here and sleep rough for a week putting as little back into the economy as they can.

Really?  I’ve seen drunken visitors asleep in the street and sunken gardens (but I see that outside of TT), but ‘many’ sleeping rough? Evidence please…. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Can you name a non-TT course road that's been resurfaced to the same extent? (Not including arse end of nowhere country lanes).

Victoria Street

Victoria Road

Coming out of Ballabeg up to the Sloch

Loads of smaller roads

Several estate roads

More work on pavements in the last six months than I remember in the last five years.

Etc

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_Christian said:

Really?  I’ve seen drunken visitors asleep in the street and sunken gardens (but I see that outside of TT), but ‘many’ sleeping rough? Evidence please…. 

Well apart from the posts on facebook of people specifically asking about 'wild camping' I did report a few last year after coming across a gang of skanks in a plantation. No one should be allowed in without an accommodation booking. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Well apart from the posts on facebook of people specifically asking about 'wild camping' I did report a few last year after coming across a gang of skanks in a plantation. No one should be allowed in without an accommodation booking. 

You are pathetic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Wild camping is hardly sleeping rough. It’s camping. Outside a campsite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

Wild camping is hardly sleeping rough. It’s camping. Outside a campsite. 

Dossing on private /government land without any permit, with zero contribution to the economy and a load of human excrement all over the place hardly good for nature, last year hotels still had rooms empty if they come here they should pay for accommodation and put something back.

• Sad 1