TT 2023

0bserver

Demand for next year already maxing out the SP website.

If you are a fan of not, it’s a big event for thousands worldwide and as an island we should continue to embrace it.

Weather forecast looks good and this time next wee the roads will be closed and the island will be starting to come to life for a change.

IMG_6879.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ativa said:

Demand for next year already maxing out the SP website.

If you are a fan of not, it’s a big event for thousands worldwide and as an island we should continue to embrace it.

Weather forecast looks good and this time next wee the roads will be closed and the island will be starting to come to life for a change.

IMG_6879.jpeg

Genuine couple of questions for  you ATVIA.

• 1) How many deaths in this years TT would it take for you to be put off supporting the TT?
  • 2) Have you ever witnessed a high speed crash at the TT/ on open roads that results in the death of a person?*
  • 3) Have you ever witnessed a high speed crash at the TT/ on open roads that involves a decapitation?*

* Properly witnessed, as in, actually seen the crash first hand and seen a human body being destroyed close up?

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The only death crash I have seen, many years ago, involving a motorcyclist was on the course but had nothing to do with the TT.   Upsetting….yes but it did not put me of motorcycles.   What an inane question 😐 .

I have seen 2 deaths on open roads one involving a bike and one a sidecar, both were very mild/ slow. The inquests said neck injuries which meant broken necks. I have also seen 2 and counting, 1 body destroying, and 1 decapitating high speed crashes that in one case made me puke on the spot.

One was TT race and one was on the open road.

You must have a strong constitution for them just to "upset" you.

This is my main problem with the TT, the proper, full details of the deaths are not properly reported.

If they were, then I am sure, the TT would lose enough support to make it end. When an inquest says "Head and neck Injury" as cause of death what it really means is:-

Their Fuck1ng head was removed from their body in the crash.

ETA. See the new film called SISU for about as realistic amount of body exploding gore as in real life. The film shows landmines blowing up humans in gory detail but I can honestly say that is about as close as I have ever seen to a body hitting a stone wall at about 140mph as I saw.

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I have seen 2 deaths on open roads one involving a bike and one a sidecar, both were very mild/ slow. The inquests said neck injuries which meant broken necks. I have also seen 2 and counting, 1 body destroying, and 1 decapitating high speed crashes that in one case made me puke on the spot.

This is my main problem with the TT, the proper, full details of the deaths are not properly reported.

If they were, then I am sure, the TT would lose enough support to make it end. When an inquest says "Head and neck Injury" as cause of death what it really means is:-

ETA. See the new film called SISU for about as realistic amount of body exploding gore as in real life. The film shows landmines blowing up humans in gory detail but I can honestly say that is about as close as I have ever seen to a body hitting a stone wall at about 140mph as I saw.

Probably stay away from the TT if I was you.

I’m not you. I’ll be enjoying every minute. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

Probably stay away from the TT if I was you.

I’m not you. I’ll be enjoying every minute. 

I did, I moved off the rock.

I am not you either, but you sound a bit weird, if you enjoy the deaths and gore of every minute. 

That you did not say you don't enjoy the deaths says a lot.

Is it all part of the burger selling experience?

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Did you read this back after you wrote it without thinking "Man I'm a fucking weapon"? Impressive stuff.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Did you read this back after you wrote it without thinking "Man I'm a fucking weapon"? Impressive stuff.

Perhaps they think we should put high-def photos on the front page of the MCN, really treat the deceased and their families and friends with all the proper respect.

I’ve read some right shite on this thread from the anti-TT bores, but that takes the biscuit.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Typical wheni, moved over for a few years but has seen more "action" than generations of Manx people.

Back home sounds like the best place for you, with your seventeen hour commutes and no go areas (unless you're a gangster like you). Leave us unworldly Manxies to watch the motorbikes (albeit never as spectacularly as you).

#fullofshit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1