TT 2023

0bserver

23 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Can you prove that?

I think you mean retail businesses

Firstly, I don't need to prove it. It is why Black Friday is called Black Friday. 

Secondly, a business is a business and a business should be run in a way that works for that business. 

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Having a total shutdown in the building industry, and other sectors, is not having the adverse effect you'd like to believe Boris. Those two weeks of inactivity are part of their holiday entitlement. It, like Christmas and New Year (maybe they should be banned too?) prevents huge inefficiencies when part of the staff are on holiday at irregular times.   

If you have to open a business with all of the costs involved, you need to maximise the time spent at the job, this isn't possible when people are sporadically absent. A total shutdown is far more efficient as other costs are eliminated also!

This is correct, but to take it further, if there are 12 people working on a job, each has a month's holiday entitlement a year, that means at any one time one person will be off on average. So to extract the full potential of a 12 man team, you need to employ 13. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Firstly, I don't need to prove it. It is why Black Friday is called Black Friday. 

Secondly, a business is a business and a business should be run in a way that works for that business. 

Ok. I'll change the question. Where did you source this information?

Is there a reference?

Only a certain amount of business money is in the retail sector, there is a significant proportion not in retail.

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

This is correct, but to take it further, if there are 12 people working on a job, each has a month's holiday entitlement a year, that means at any one time one person will be off on average. So to extract the full potential of a 12 man team, you need to employ 13. 

I agree with that, but what point are you making?

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Having a total shutdown in the building industry, and other sectors, is not having the adverse effect you'd like to believe Boris. Those two weeks of inactivity are part of their holiday entitlement. It, like Christmas and New Year (maybe they should be banned too?) prevents huge inefficiencies when part of the staff are on holiday at irregular times.   

If you have to open a business with all of the costs involved, you need to maximise the time spent at the job, this isn't possible when people are sporadically absent. A total shutdown is far more efficient as other costs are eliminated also!

Its tail wagging dog. Why would anyone want 2 weeks off if their kids are at school and partner has to work because its TT. What era do you come from?

Yes, its works with factories so in some industries it works to have a shutdown. But not at the end of May/ start of June.

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Its tail wagging dog. Why would anyone want 2 weeks off if their kids are at school and partner has to work because its TT. What era do you come from?

Yes, its works with factories so in some industries it works to have a shutdown. But not at the end of May/ start of June.

Don't kids get TT week off anymore? If you go on holiday in May June, it's certainly cheaper than July August. 

What's it got to do with any era I may come from, it's not the self entitled one you seem to come from I'm guessing ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Max Power said:

Don't kids get TT week off anymore? If you go on holiday in May June, it's certainly cheaper than July August. 

What's it got to do with any era I may come from, it's not the self entitled one you seem to come from I'm guessing ;) 

Mostly schools are off race week and sometimes both depending on Easter. Yes sometimes it works in favour of some people.