TT 2023

0bserver

2 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It’s a semi pikey Northern accented  stereotyped 3rd generation hope we don’t die episode - struggling to uncurl my toes 

Turn over then.

We saw the whole lot last week and thought it was brilliant.  Reviews from people who matter so far seem to agree.

2 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I turned over when convicted drunken wife beating sidecar driver was hero worshipped alongside racist homophobic scum Crowe - #roadwarriors #cunts

Fair point.  Let’s stick to the solo classes .

As a huge TT fan the issues you have eluded to there disturb me and I can’t figure out why ties haven’t been cut and they continue to hold these scum Up as role models and ambassadors for the sport.

1 minute ago, Ativa said:

Fair point.  Let’s stick to the solo classes .

As a huge TT fan the issues you have eluded to there disturb me and I can’t figure out why ties haven’t been cut and they continue to hold these scum Up as role models and ambassadors for the sport.

Yep - don’t start on the Dan Sayle thing - punch your son in your mothers pub get convicted get named in the TT programme as successful - insert confused emoji (but they go fast so they’re nice) 

• Haha 1

I see the Horice Road Race unfortunately led to at least one more rider missing this years TT.

For those that don’t know, it’s another one of the Road Racing events from around the world that people who say “where else but the TT” and “only on the IOM” are unaware of.  Tree and building lined roads and a mass start.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.visordown.com%2F&source_ve_path=MTM5MTE3LDE2NDk5LDI4NjY0LDE2NDUwNg&feature=emb_share&v=a7nwu6hpwgM

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HeliX said:

Sometimes, but not always. To paraphrase the (late) great Dr John Hinds, "Mechanism of injury is important in motorcycle crashes, but speed doesn't seem to be."

It depends what you are discussing. Speed has two aspects.

1. Does it increase the likelihood of a crash? Less time to react, more risk of loss of traction etc.

2. Once a crash is happening. Does it increase the magnitude of the impact and does it increase the likelihood of death.

It's just my view but my answers would be 1. Yes. 2. Usually but not always.

11 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I turned over when convicted drunken wife beating sidecar driver was hero worshipped alongside racist homophobic scum Crowe - #roadwarriors #cunts

11 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yep - don’t start on the Dan Sayle thing - punch your son in your mothers pub get convicted get named in the TT programme as successful - insert confused emoji (but they go fast so they’re nice) 

Cripes. I wonder if road racing is an outlet for uncontrollable aggression for some people? Violent balls of cold steel. 

14 hours ago, paswt said:

That said the powers that be have taken the fencing further back so less chance of a rider hitting it and installed a chamfered curb but if the initial point of impact is the rocks in the gully sadly it will IMO ( as history has proved ) result in a third fatality . Just saying

If you think about it you're not just saying. You're also enabling. 

29 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

If you think about it you're not just saying. You're also enabling. 

Just expressing an opinion on what I have witnessed .

I no longer marshal and take the view that to remain silent is to be complicit .

TBH I suspect my services would " no longer be required ",  as I have been described as a "troublemaker",  based on the treatment the former CSM ( sector 10) for expressing a view contrary to that of the ACU .

Edited by paswt