TT 2023

0bserver

Well congratulations to DoE and AG’s office on another epic fail. Due to failing to sort out the merchandising contract in plenty of time to source from China etc you have exceeded in going to create the latest shit storm. 
I had warned on here that prices would rocket and was shot down by some. I do know this market pretty well having worked in it for a number of years .

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

Read it and weep. Fake market is going to blossom and sales of official garments are going to plummet and as for a PR fail this is top of the list.. Another nail in TT experience 

And the quality of T-shirts and Polo shirts are very very poor…ie low end weight and quality .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Well congratulations to DoE and AG’s office on another epic fail. Due to failing to sort out the merchandising contract in plenty of time to source from China etc you have exceeded in going to create the latest shit storm. 
I had warned on here that prices would rocket and was shot down by some. I do know this market pretty well having worked in it for a number of years .

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

Read it and weep. Fake market is going to blossom and sales of official garments are going to plummet and as for a PR fail this is top of the list.. Another nail in TT experience 

And the quality of T-shirts and Polo shirts are very very poor…ie low end weight and quality .

That’s what you pay at most events including music festivals etc etc

£50 for a Nike tiger woods range polo 

Edited by Banker

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

That’s what you pay at most events including music festivals etc etc

Maybe but that doesn’t make it right. Sourced from China you’re looking at delivered T shirt hung and cubed in the region of £6 tops to importer. Sold last year at around £15 or even 2 for £22 . 
This like I said is going to cause a shit storm and be such bad PR for the event. Just watch . 
If the powers that be had of got there act together it would have been so different . All garments are from U.K. or Europe this year. And as sellers have to buy up front and estimate there needs there’s going to be so many unhappy customers and retail outfits. Like I said too the designs and quality of garments is not good sadly . 

Edited by Numbnuts

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Maybe but that doesn’t make it right. Sourced from China you’re looking at delivered T shirt hung and cubed in the region of £6 tops to importer. Sold last year at around £15 or even 2 for £22 . 
This like I said is going to cause a shit storm and be such bad PR for the event. Just watch . 
If the powers that be had of got there act together it would have been so different . All garments are from U.K. or Europe .

No it’s not right but unfortunately it’s market price, the Nike stuff all manufactured in China but retails for massive mark up as you’re paying for range eg tiger woods same asTT logo

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

Not £15 for a T shirt then...?

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Not £15 for a T shirt then...?

Nope , I didn’t say it would be …others on here did though and linked to items at that sort of price. Last years stock or fakes . Those are the prices above as looked at the items earlier today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

No it’s not right but unfortunately it’s market price, the Nike stuff all manufactured in China but retails for massive mark up as you’re paying for range eg tiger woods same asTT logo

Yes I do agree with your points but Nike and the likes are paying massive dollars to Tiger Woods and the likes for endorsements and the likes. We aren’t and in fact Cube are paying big money for the rights to the official logo but nothing close to what the likes of Nike pay. And the point I’m making is with a bit of forward thinking by the powers that be prices this year could have been £3 to £5 more per item only not close to this years cost. 
And Nike garments in the main are always good quality and a good weight. These aren’t !! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

What we don't know of course is just how much Cube have paid to DfE for the privilege of being official supplier.

What we do know is that there's a massive Govt payroll and pensions liability...

4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Comparing Nike & Tiger Woods to the TT 😂

It’s a comparison for an ordinary Nike polo without any player endorsement it’s £40/45 ,people who think they’re going to get a branded item for peanuts are not living in real world!!

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

Does it really matter?

Is anyone going to die because the price of a t-shirt has gone up? 

No. 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s a comparison for an ordinary Nike polo without any player endorsement it’s £40/45 ,people who think they’re going to get a branded item for peanuts are not living in real world!!

Do we think that bikers are the sort of demographic who are going to pay these sort of prices in large numbers...? 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

The road surface on the Ramsey side of the Ginger is still really rough,.......................but the footpath is world class. Wonder if ACU will pass the road surface as safe for racing?

They were here recently and didn’t raise it, so that will be a yes

• Confused 1