TT 2023

0bserver

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Do we think that bikers are the sort of demographic who are going to pay these sort of prices in large numbers...? 🤔

Why don’t you look at similar prices at other bike events and report back.

Or o could save you the time and say yes they will.  In fact it’s quite cheap compared to lots of others

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

That’s about the going rate these days.

I went to see Placebo at the back end of last year. By no means the biggest name in music, yet an official hoodie was £65.

Duke’s are charging £25 for their knockoff t-shirts.

Edited by Ringy Rose

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Or o could save you the time and say yes they will.  In fact it’s quite cheap compared to lots of others

The TT is not other bike events.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr Beeching said:

Does it really matter?

Is anyone going to die because the price of a t-shirt has gone up? 

No. 

It does matter . Massively as it’s completely unnecessary that these prices exist   . And it’s nothing to do with dying or the likes but has a lot to do with a further eroding of peoples income and the pleasure they would get from owning a TT genuine item as a memory of their visit. I get you don’t understand or get it but you just watch the backlash this will have. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Do we think that bikers are the sort of demographic who are going to pay these sort of prices in large numbers...? 🤔

Or I could save you the time and say yes they will.  In fact it’s quite cheap compared to lots of others

Edited by Ativa
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

What we don't know of course is just how much Cube have paid to DfE for the privilege of being official supplier.

What we do know is that there's a massive Govt payroll and pensions liability...

Perhaps it will be like the old TT radio rights and DFE have paid Cube for the privilege.

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Well congratulations to DoE and AG’s office on another epic fail. Due to failing to sort out the merchandising contract in plenty of time to source from China etc you have exceeded in going to create the latest shit storm. 
I had warned on here that prices would rocket and was shot down by some. I do know this market pretty well having worked in it for a number of years .

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

Read it and weep. Fake market is going to blossom and sales of official garments are going to plummet and as for a PR fail this is top of the list.. Another nail in TT experience 

And the quality of T-shirts and Polo shirts are very very poor…ie low end weight and quality .

Quality of the motorsport merchandise was always decent,never had a bad zip,loose threads in many purchases over the years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Like I said too the designs and quality of garments is not good sadly . 

But that's exactly what you would expect if the supply timeline is shortened by late award of contracts.  Designs will be hurried and not market tested, preferred suppliers not available and those you can get will know they can up the prices - in part because of their own supply constraints

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Does it really matter?

What you are failing for grasp is that for a sizable chunk of the Island's population crappy TT merch is their apparel of choice. These people waddle around Liverpool city centre and various airports with Isle of Man plastered all over them. Like walking billboards. I can't be the only person who on returning from a trip gets a sinking feeling at the first glimpse of a TT fleece, its owner arguing with security over hand luggage limits or walking in the wrong direction on a travelator. It matters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

What you are failing for grasp is that for a sizable chunk of the Island's population crappy TT merch is their apparel of choice. These people waddle around Liverpool city centre and various airports with Isle of Man plastered all over them. Like walking billboards. I can't be the only person who on returning from a trip gets a sinking feeling at the first glimpse of a TT fleece, its owner arguing with security over hand luggage limits or walking in the wrong direction on a travelator. It matters.

You sound delightful.  Not judgemental at all 🙄

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But that's exactly what you would expect if the supply timeline is shortened by late award of contracts.  Designs will be hurried and not market tested, preferred suppliers not available and those you can get will know they can up the prices - in part because of their own supply constraints

Yes you’re right… But totally caused by our own DoE and AG’s office . Firstly I believe making the previous supplier jump through hoops then when he had enough of their messing doing the same with the other interested parties. Who suffers , anyone wanting to buy items and IOM tourist image .

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Well congratulations to DoE and AG’s office on another epic fail. Due to failing to sort out the merchandising contract in plenty of time to source from China etc you have exceeded in going to create the latest shit storm. 
I had warned on here that prices would rocket and was shot down by some. I do know this market pretty well having worked in it for a number of years .

T shirts……£26 

Polo shirts……£45 

Sweat shirts…….£50

Read it and weep. Fake market is going to blossom and sales of official garments are going to plummet and as for a PR fail this is top of the list.. Another nail in TT experience 

And the quality of T-shirts and Polo shirts are very very poor…ie low end weight and quality .

How much are the baseball caps?