TT 2023

0bserver

1 hour ago, Declan said:

What you are failing for grasp is that for a sizable chunk of the Island's population crappy TT merch is their apparel of choice. These people waddle around Liverpool city centre and various airports with Isle of Man plastered all over them. Like walking billboards. I can't be the only person who on returning from a trip gets a sinking feeling at the first glimpse of a TT fleece, its owner arguing with security over hand luggage limits or walking in the wrong direction on a travelator. It matters.

I randomly met the owner of RST in Cape Town a couple of years ago.  He was on a (ubiquitous BMW GS) wearing one of his leather jackets with the TT logo on and we got chatting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

It does matter . Massively as it’s completely unnecessary that these prices exist . And it’s nothing to do with dying or the likes but has a lot to do with a further eroding of peoples income and the pleasure they would get from owning a TT genuine item as a memory of their visit. I get you don’t understand or get it but you just watch the backlash this will have. 

The TT costs the government millions to put on. It's only right they recoup these costs and make a profit. 

If anything the prices are too low, add another 25%. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

The TT costs the government millions to put on. It's only right they recoup these costs and make a profit. 

If anything the prices are too low, add another 25%. 

You really haven’t got a clue…. Not going to engage with you as clearly your knowledge is flawed . Will just say I will be surprised, based on previous years , if Government get much more than 200k per year .

Edited by Numbnuts

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You really haven’t got a clue…. Not going to engage with you as clearly your knowledge is flawed . Will just say I will be surprised, based on previous years , if Government get much more than 200k per year .

There's nothing flawed about it. 

TT costs millions to put on, Manx Care, DOI, DfE - it all costs money. 

So it's only right that Government rinses these people for all they can once they're here. 

That's the only reason the TT exists. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

So are you, perpetuating this death race. See ya. 

Well read the comments from all the fans on tt races facebook, coming from all over the world to see the races & weirdo’s like you won’t put them off!! Why don’t you post your sick comments on there & see the responses!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well read the comments from all the fans on tt races facebook, coming from all over the world to see the races & weirdo’s like you won’t put them off!! Why don’t you post your sick comments on there & see the responses!!!

Weirdo.  That’s hilarious.