TT 2023

0bserver

3 hours ago, Declan said:

What you are failing for grasp is that for a sizable chunk of the Island's population crappy TT merch is their apparel of choice. These people waddle around Liverpool city centre and various airports with Isle of Man plastered all over them. Like walking billboards. I can't be the only person who on returning from a trip gets a sinking feeling at the first glimpse of a TT fleece, its owner arguing with security over hand luggage limits or walking in the wrong direction on a travelator. It matters.

What a shame you have to lower yourself to mix with the great unwashed as you are returning home from holiday. I guess TT merch is the new rags that only plebs wear - although at these prices you may well see a downturn of merch with the hoi polloi. After all we're not all on £70k a year plus expenses are we Declan 😜

22 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

What a shame you have to lower yourself to mix with the great unwashed as you are returning home from holiday. I guess TT merch is the new rags that only plebs wear - although at these prices you may well see a downturn of merch with the hoi polloi. After all we're not all on £70k a year plus expenses are we Declan 😜

That's hilarious! You can get better clobber in a charity shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Well read the comments from all the fans on tt races facebook, coming from all over the world to see the races & weirdo’s like you won’t put them off!! Why don’t you post your sick comments on there & see the responses!!!

Makes zero sense this comment- People who like something post nice things in the comments of groups they like - Fucking Obvious.

Therefore convicted domestic violence offenders and Neanderthal knuckle dragging homophobes or drunken descendant beaters post in groups supporting their favoured pastimes.

In itself the Molyneux Crowe Sayle hero worship is shocking by proven cases even worse that Manx residents even give them the time of day. 

It also shows how minimal and niche it is there’s no global appeal they all live within a mile of each other- occasionally on the same wing 

Dave Molyneux multiple TT winner IOM mixed gender household fighting Champion.

Your hero not mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Makes zero sense this comment- People who like something post nice things in the comments of groups they like - Fucking Obvious.

Therefore convicted domestic violence offenders and Neanderthal knuckle dragging homophobes or drunken descendant beaters post in groups supporting their favoured pastimes.

In itself the Molyneux Crowe Sayle hero worship is shocking by proven cases even worse that Manx residents even give them the time of day. 

It also shows how minimal and niche it is there’s no global appeal they all live within a mile of each other- occasionally on the same wing 

Dave Molyneux multiple TT winner IOM mixed gender household fighting Champion.

Your hero not mine.

Have already said he and the others you mention are no heroes of mine.

That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the overall event though.

There are horrible people in every walk of life.  Even on crappy little island web forums (allegedly)

4 hours ago, Declan said:

What you are failing for grasp is that for a sizable chunk of the Island's population crappy TT merch is their apparel of choice. These people waddle around Liverpool city centre and various airports with Isle of Man plastered all over them. Like walking billboards. I can't be the only person who on returning from a trip gets a sinking feeling at the first glimpse of a TT fleece, its owner arguing with security over hand luggage limits or walking in the wrong direction on a travelator. It matters.

Amadeus?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Declan said:

Sadly so very true. 

Pre-Covid I had a week in Majorca on the direct flight (wonder what happened to Jan W?), on the return at Palma Airport there was an island native in the ubiquitous TT shirt yelling "IsLe oF MaN dEsK, yOu kNoW TT?" in his best Spanglish while pointing to his TT logo. 

It really is a niche interest beyond these shores. So few people have ever heard of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ativa said:

Have already said he and the others you mention are no heroes of mine.

That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the overall event though.

There are horrible people in every walk of life.  Even on crappy little island web forums (allegedly)

An event with a bit of class and a moral compass would root these people out and exile them from being involved. Bit of self-policing. 

3 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Name an event that has done that 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/feb/06/shameful-to-let-david-goodwillie-keep-playing-says-woman-he-assaulted

The fans applied pressure and they cancelled his contract. 

Also a bonus one, as I know you're fond of mountain climbing comparisons.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-m-not-sorry-says-denis-urubko-mutinous-mountaineer-expelled-from-polish-k2-team-r7nqp3j8r

Edited by Dr Beeching
  • Haha 1