TT 2023

0bserver

7 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Ok. I'll change the question. Where did you source this information?

Is there a reference?

Only a certain amount of business money is in the retail sector, there is a significant proportion not in retail.

So, it it virtually an international holiday. Do you want me to prove Christmas and Easter too? 

Income planning is nothing to do with retail only. 

• Confused 1

A few days ago I put up the responses to last year's consultation on the changes for TT 2023 where the lack of response mainly seems to have been due to the way the DfE kept it very quiet.  But for the changes to take place there's supposed to another consultation.  Indeed we were told:

The Chief Minister announced in Tynwald this week that a four week consultation will begin from the first week of July, seeking public views on next year's racing timetable.

But nothing's appeared yet.  No doubt they're all too busy taking their morning dress suits back to the hire company.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Poppy said:

To be fair it only opened today - hardly the first week in July that we were promised.  It will be interesting to see how much publicity there is for it - I suspect the response will be a bit bigger than last time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair it only opened today - hardly the first week in July that we were promised.  It will be interesting to see how much publicity there is for it - I suspect the response will be a bit bigger than last time.

The response will be a bit bigger but the reply from DfE will be same - whatever suits them and the vested interests. The consultation is really meaningless but ticks a legal box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, 2112 said:

The response will be a bit bigger but the reply from DfE will be same - whatever suits them and the vested interests. The consultation is really meaningless but ticks a legal box. 

It's a piss poor document, as it doesn't ask directly if you are in favour of the changes, either overall, or the component parts.

There are just lots of free format boxes to write general comments. This is presumably so they aren't confronted with a situation where they have to admit that xx% were against, either the whole thing, or bits of it. They'll just spin those general comments to justify what they want to do any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That seems to be the format for every consultation document this Government has produced a lot of questions but always dodging the main issue.    Covering backs again so they can say the public were consulted.    The worst part of this blatant smoke and mirrors way of performing is that they believe the public are too thick to see through this spin and piffle.