TT 2023

0bserver

I just wonder what the Manx public will say when they realise they will be prisoners in their own homes for a greater part of the 2 weeks , who ever came up with the practice and race programme  has had no regard for those living around the course   never before in the history of TT racing  have so many been inconvenienced by so few ,  and are the crossing points due to be open on the All day  practice   days ?    I recon there will be cars parked everywhere on closed or access roads ,and delays to the start of practice ,   

17 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I just wonder what the Manx public will say when they realise they will be prisoners in their own homes for a greater part of the 2 weeks , who ever came up with the practice and race programme  has had no regard for those living around the course   never before in the history of TT racing  have so many been inconvenienced by so few ,  and are the crossing points due to be open on the All day  practice   days ?    I recon there will be cars parked everywhere on closed or access roads ,and delays to the start of practice ,   

Boohoo

Buy a house on the course, expect inconvenience for a few weeks.

Suck it up or go on a free holiday by renting the house out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

So less than 30 minutes before the mountain road was closed due to an RTC. Opened at 4.30 after one way preparations. 
incredible stuff. 
#ranoutoftalent

The road only opened in Ramsey at 17:00.  Only the bungalow was open from 4:30!

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The super cars this year are a special kind of bellends.  First time I have ever reported anything to the police.

I expect he was trying one of the dangerous overtakes that you advocate doing quickly. 

Apologies to Non - believer as  it was Ativa that was telling us all how to do dangerous overtakes. 

Edited by emesde
Attributed to wrong person when quoting
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, emesde said:

I expect he was trying one of the dangerous overtakes that you advocate doing quickly. 

Apologies to Non - believer as  it was Ativa that was telling us all how to do dangerous overtakes. 

There is much thickness on here sometimes.

A fast overtake isn’t a dangerous overtake.

Over taking multiple cars, isn’t necessarily a dangerous overtake.

You can overtake on a corner, and it still be a perfectly safe overtake.

These clowns this morning were all over the road and causing other people to take evasive action.  I personally witnessed three very near head on collisions.

If people are too thick to differentiate between a safe fast overtake and a dangerous overtake (which can be at any speed) then they should’t be on the road.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Omobono said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/weve-absolutely-taken-action-to-improve-tt-safety-says-thompson/

When it comes to disruption, Mr Thompson says he's aware not everyone is a fan of the races, and they do what they can to minimise inconvenience:

52 minutes ago, Ativa said:

There is much thickness on here sometimes.

A fast overtake isn’t a dangerous overtake.

Over taking multiple cars, isn’t necessarily a dangerous overtake.

You can overtake on a corner, and it still be a perfectly safe overtake.

These clowns this morning were all over the road and causing other people to take evasive action.  I personally witnessed three very near head on collisions.

If people are too thick to differentiate between a safe fast overtake and a dangerous overtake (which can be at any speed) then they should’t be on the road.

It's TT. Live and let  ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ die. 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

Not only that. Residents are economically priced out of leaving the island too. Also come school holiday time in August, again residents are economically priced out for wanting to leave the island. All for the sake of police tik tok videos. 

12 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Not only that. Residents are economically priced out of leaving the island too. Also come school holiday time in August, again residents are economically priced out for wanting to leave the island. All for the sake of police tik tok videos. 

Rubbish.There are flights and ferries on and off the island now at reasonable rates.

A but of planning and you could have booked weeks or months ago at decent prices.