Civil Service Culture..Alf says..

Manx Bean

First and foremost there must be NO early retirement payoff systems like the stupidly generous MARS administered by the CS/PS themselves for the foreseeable future.

Statutory minimum might help get the finances back on an even keel...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

You have forgotten Moorehouse - teacher. Just because they seem highly educated, doesn’t mean to say they are any use as a politician, or at least have the abilities to solve the islands issues. 

He hides his education well, doesn't he?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

First and foremost there must be NO early retirement payoff systems like the stupidly generous MARS administered by the CS/PS themselves for the foreseeable future.

Statutory minimum might help get the finances back on an even keel...

If there was no incentive, no one would ever leave. I dont think you are considering the bigger picture.

Is it best to clear out the poor performers and take a short term hit or just keep paying then for years? I know which is cheaper in the long run.

1 hour ago, MrGarrison said:

Fixed 

yes but arrogant and absolutely   no common sense , they will go down  as 2 of the must useless and ineffective  ministers this island has ever had , and cost us a fortune , some of which has not come to light yet !

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Omobono said:

yes but arrogant and absolutely   no common sense , they will go down  as 2 of the must useless and ineffective  ministers this island has ever had , and cost us a fortune , some of which has not come to light yet !

What about Boot & Cregeen!!! Also Quayle must go down as worst CM ever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

What about Boot & Cregeen!!! Also Quayle must go down as worst CM ever!

And how much did we pay them all and who are the mugs?

A 5 year term is too long for some of these people, there should be a 2.5 year option to turf them out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

If there was no incentive, no one would ever leave. I dont think you are considering the bigger picture.

Is it best to clear out the poor performers and take a short term hit or just keep paying then for years? I know which is cheaper in the long run.

I know which is cheaper in the long run.

Rightsize and redundancy...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes but Mars is a cheap form of redundancy. Real redundancy is more expensive.

Where do you get your figures from that show MARS is cheaper than Statutory Minimum redundancy?