Civil Service Culture..Alf says..

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Manx Radio reports that 8o CS have left since May, 222k paid out!!!

Is this a normal attrition rate or is there some connection to the Ranson tribunal revelations???

Well, you can be sure that Greenhow, Malone, Ewart are in that figure of 80, so in that sense there is a connection to Ranson. 

It looks like @Rob Callisterwas trying to tease out whether those three (plus, possibly Richard Loal) all walked away with wheel barrows full of money, but the answer doesn't really give any clues on this. It would have been more helpful if we had an number for how many of the 80 shared in that £222k.

If we annualise 80 in two months, we obviously get 480 in a year. That sounds like a high number bearing in mind that the full answer does explain that this is just civil servants. i.e. not manual workers, medical staff, police, bus drivers etc.  

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Manx Radio reports that 8o CS have left since May, 222k paid out!!!

Is this a normal attrition rate or is there some connection to the Ranson tribunal revelations???

With 1000s of public servants, the churn rate will be be a significant number every month.

I, for one, find it very hard to believe the pay out figure.  It wouldn't surprise me if they paid that to Greenhow alone to get him to walk without a fuss.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

With 1000s of public servants, the churn rate will be be a significant number every month.

I, for one, find it very hard to believe the pay out figure.  It wouldn't surprise me if they paid that to Greenhow alone to get him to walk without a fuss.

Agree , it seems remarkably low and even less believable if you break it down over 80 staff. 2.2 million more like . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Agree , it seems remarkably low and even yes believable if you break it down over 80 staff. 2.2 million more like . 

I don’t believe anything coming out of the IOMG press office (s). 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

A lot of secrecy, cover up and non disclosure agreements. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Agree , it seems remarkably low and even yes believable if you break it down over 80 staff. 2.2 million more like . 

I agree it’s a really low figure. I’d suggest the figures don’t include any cash sums paid out from pensions etc or pay offs shrouded by NDAs etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Black? Longworth if applicable. That figure is a piss take.

• Like 1

It's time to take the lid off the pressure cooker and spill the beans.  Its evidently clear that nothing is going to happen this side of the water as the Courts favour the wealthy , the FSA go for soft targets and don’t have the skills or resource to pursue the real perpetrators, the Government get people to sign N.D.A's to hide its failings, they allegedly falsified evidence, a certain law firm on the Isle of Man is totally against fathers and those father become financially ruined or have to walk away, lawyers treat the general public as cash cows, MHK’s that are nowhere to been seen, seriously what is the point as none of the above will be held accountable.

No, it doesn't sound feasable does it but figures can be bended to sound good? Why our Govt should want to mis-lead us on this matter I don't know ????

I haven't read the question, it may have allowed this answer, a breakdown of the amounts in bands of 10k and up would have been more informative?

Alf said he would address this culture? Has He???

22 minutes ago, Kopek said:

No, it doesn't sound feasable does it but figures can be bended to sound good? Why our Govt should want to mis-lead us on this matter I don't know ????

Quite possibly because they think that if the true costs were made public now it might lead to an outcry of disgust and unrest?

In time however, an FOI or two will do the trick, it can't be covered up forever; but by that time it's water under the bridge and a shoulder-shrugging exercise. It's just a time-buying operation.

Alf may have little or no say in these matters. It will be written into employment terms and may have been negotiated with the individuals involved, themselves.

Such is and has been the fiscal governance of this Island.