Manx alcohol measure reduced from 27.5ml to 25ml

jackwhite

19 minutes ago, Omobono said:

in some places I frequent the optics are gone, and spirits measured in a  little  stainless steel pot , whats wrong with that and the barmaid always measures in front of the customer  same with fortified wines  measured into  a glass , all this talk of optics , I cant think of any bar in Europe I have been in in the last 5 years still uses optics  

we should have kept our  isle of Man  measures , and cant help think whoever is at the back of this   is going to make even more money ,by shortening the amount and charging the same price , maybe its down to the war in Ukraine  and  the price of Vodka  in Russia  , its getting blamed for too much I feel !

It probably works out as one extra shot per bottle, at whatever price shorts retail at these days? Not an inconsiderable boost to profits!

40 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

I thought it was voted through by Tynwald

Anyway, they'll have the smiles wiped off their faces when Johnson bans metric measures in the UK

In the Keys 21 for, 6 against. Legislative Council voted in favour.

This was seconded by Stu Peters who will be able to provide any further details.

I would have thought 30ml would have been the better option.

42 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

I thought it was voted through by Tynwald

Anyway, they'll have the smiles wiped off their faces when Johnson bans metric measures in the UK

Exactly! UK reintroduces imperial. Manx go metric! 30 years behind the time, again? 

2 hours ago, AOR said:

In the Keys 21 for, 6 against. Legislative Council voted in favour.

This was seconded by Stu Peters who will be able to provide any further details.

I would have thought 30ml would have been the better option.

Taking a chance there aren't you...

• Like 1