Manx Care Has Failed

0bserver

59 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

They took the DHSC shit services, rolled them in glitter and called it Manx Care. 

Yep, including moving the same shit staff across to carry on their shitness but for more money and less political oversight 

12 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

It seems to be manxcare's answer to the waiting lists, keep them waiting long enough and with fingers crossed they snuff it before next appointment. Its not there fault and they free up an appointment at the same time. Winner Winner chicken dinner.

There's probably more truth in this statement than we might care to acknowledge.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

It seems to be manxcare's answer to the waiting lists, keep them waiting long enough and with fingers crossed they snuff it before next appointment. Its not there fault and they free up an appointment at the same time. Winner Winner chicken dinner.

Taken at face value, this statement is grossly insulting to all the dedicated staff working on the front line to treat patients and save lives.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

No: there’s probably not.   Seriously?

The frontline staff will always do (and can only do) what is asked of them given the resources available. If you don't persist and be a pain in the ass then the extended waiting list becomes the default position it seems, irrespective of the illness. The outcome for anyone who requires intervention at an early stage is likely to be bleak (from the experience of a friend who passed away not so long ago).

36 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The frontline staff will always do (and can only do) what is asked of them given the resources available. If you don't persist and be a pain in the ass then the extended waiting list becomes the default position it seems, irrespective of the illness. The outcome for anyone who requires intervention at an early stage is likely to be bleak (from the experience of a friend who passed away not so long ago).

I don’t disagree with any of that and I am entirely sympathetic - after all, I live here too!   However, that doesn’t mean that Manx Care’s “answer”, ie, policy, is to allow patients to die in order to shorten waiting lists.   Or did I misread DB’s comment?

46 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I don’t disagree with any of that and I am entirely sympathetic - after all, I live here too!   However, that doesn’t mean that Manx Care’s “answer”, ie, policy, is to allow patients to die in order to shorten waiting lists.   Or did I misread DB’s comment?

I find it hard not to come to that conclusion, frankly based on the the default which is not good enough. It really shouldn't be necessary to have to badger MC for appointments at the soonest opportunity..