Manx Care Has Failed

0bserver

17 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Clever local IT workers cannot get government jobs. There is a gate keeper, who stops any intelligence from getting in, for fear they will show up the complete incompetence in government IT. 

A few years ago the great thing was the IT lobby on the island, wanting an IT university ( Nunnery) or training centre. I’m led to understand that most of the IT workers are from foreign climes, as with egaming staff. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, Two-lane said:
On 7/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, Zulu said:

What happens now? Presumably they are still  non-compliant. Does the Information Commissioner set another deadline?

It's worth looking at the actual enforcement notice[1], the DHSC actually agreed to plan to tackle their information problems as long ago as October 2020, but actually seem to have done very little since.  Given that patient confidentiality is often seen as the classic area where such things are important to ordinary people, to have such a lazy and uncaring attitude to essential improvement is pretty damning. 

It's not really possible to excuse this on the grounds that Manx Care has only been running for 15 months as this is something that they have inherited from DHSC and the same person has been in charge of this area under both.  And even if action had been supressed under DHSC, there has been the chance to make progress since.  There seems little going on here except to belief that the law doesn't apply to certain people.

[1]  One particularly stupid thing about all this is that the Information Commissioner's rulings are presented as images and so impossible to quote from, something which you'd think freedom of information would encourage.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Manx Care has only been running for 15 months as this is something that they have inherited from DHSC and the same person has been in charge of this area under both.

Ah, that would be Richard Wild, who posted on this very forum "I take full responsibility for the breach."  - thinking that statement would somehow elevate him to such a position that he would be absolved of any blame.

16 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

[1]  One particularly stupid thing about all this is that the Information Commissioner's rulings are presented as images and so impossible to quote from, something which you'd think freedom of information would encourage.

[2]

I am cynical enough to think that this is a deliberate action.

I don't know how many GP's there should be or used to be, but having tried to make an online appointment at Village Walk and found only one GP listed doctor listed and the first available date three weeks, I rang up instead. I was informed the first available appointment with any doctor would be over three weeks due to them having 'lost' two GP's who they had until recently as 'in training'.

I was rather disappointed but to be honest not surprised.

Another area that Manx care seems to be lacking in is maintaining supply of prescribed meds. My chemist who is very good has drip fed me my blood pressure tablets now for over two weeks. I'm currently left with a situation of cutting a 4mg tablet in half to enable me to get the required dose of 6 mg . He says the supply chain is just terrible and they have lots of scripts for patients outstanding and its been like it for awhile but last few weeks its got a lot worse. 

Edited by Numbnuts

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Another area that Manx care seems to be lacking in is maintaining supply of prescribed meds. My chemist who is very good has drip fed me my blood pressure tablets now for over two weeks. I'm currently left with a situation of cutting a 4mg tablet in half to enable me to get the required dose of 6 mg . He says the supply chain is just terrible and they have lots of scripts for patients outstanding and its been like it for awhile but last few weeks its got a lot worse. 

I have heard of others in the same situation.

25 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Boots by any chance?

41 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Not really Manx Care's fault, a quick google suggests there seems to be a worldwide shortage of some drugs, especially generics, and it may have been worsened by Brexit slowing things down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Ah, that would be Richard Wild, who posted on this very forum "I take full responsibility for the breach."  - thinking that statement would somehow elevate him to such a position that he would be absolved of any blame.

[2]

I am cynical enough to think that this is a deliberate action.

Indeed. He vanished once it was pointed out the big gaps in his CV to hide his failure as part of the NHS digital scheme.

If he can't grasp how to create a policy to prevent medical records being shared insecurely, they need to recruit someone competent.

He has a point. The Roll's Royce analogy brought a smile.

Can Manx Care be properly run and tailored to our needs by someone sitting at a desk in the UK..? Simon says it's not tenable, that it's not Manx care...

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

He has a point. The Roll's Royce analogy brought a smile.

Can Manx Care be properly run and tailored to our needs by someone sitting at a desk in the UK..? Simon says it's not tenable, that it's not Manx care...

He's right, IMHO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

I don't know how many GP's there should be or used to be, but having tried to make an online appointment at Village Walk and found only one GP listed doctor listed and the first available date three weeks, I rang up instead. I was informed the first available appointment with any doctor would be over three weeks due to them having 'lost' two GP's who they had until recently as 'in training'.

I was rather disappointed but to be honest not surprised.

I had similar at Hailwood but they offered me an appointment with a prescribing nurse within 3 days & as it’s fairly minor I was happy. If it was urgent they would have tried to fit me in.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, Cambon said:

Clever local IT workers cannot get government jobs. There is a gate keeper, who stops any intelligence from getting in, for fear they will show up the complete incompetence in government IT. 

If this were true government systems would not be as OK as they are.