Manx Care Has Failed

0bserver

9 hours ago, WTF said:

the useless bullying management ??

Hooper had the bullying identified and served to him on a plate and still promoted them and supported them. He should have stood down.  But we have 50% of the MHKs who got voted in based on their mouth not their knowledge and experience so we are doomed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Hooper had the bullying identified and served to him on a plate and still promoted them and supported them. He should have stood down.  But we have 50% of the MHKs who got voted in based on their mouth not their knowledge and experience so we are doomed.

I suspect he will be forced to step down once the alleged document tampering case concludes.

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

True. 

Robertshaw did claim that Hooper had to be told to stop laughing at the employment tribunal.

I didn't understand that.  Hooper doesn't seem to have given evidence at the Ranson Tribunal either in person or in writing.  And there's no reason you would have expected him to.  And the evidence about Malone doesn't seem to have come out till after she was appointed, though it's difficult to tell because so much evidence not disclosed to start with and only dribbled out during and after the process.

14 hours ago, Kopek said:

Aren't they encouraging use of the Ramsey facility to take pressure off Nobles??? How urgent can treatment be if you drive to Douglas rather than seek the closer Ramsey facility?

How could closing Ramsey alleviate any such pressure???

It would focus all the staff in one place to provide a consistent level of service to everyone across the island. People on Port Erin get ill too, it's not just Ramsey. 

8 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It would focus all the staff in one place to provide a consistent level of service to everyone across the island. People on Port Erin get ill too, it's not just Ramsey. 

I’d never been to Ramsey Cottage Hospital before last week.

Was pleasantly surprised.

I went because about a year ago I fractured my left big toe and then in January this year I dislocated it.

A&E in Nobles took over some of the orthopaedic clinic rooms in Nobles, during Covid. They’ve not been handed back.

So, my ortho clinic was in Ramsey.

I hadn’t realised what services it delivered, minor injuries for low key A&E, x-Ray, a dialysis unit, phlebotomy clinic,  as well as step down discharge wards. Clearly other stuff.

Pleasant, quiet, enough parking.

Its not just about concentrating staff in one place, it’s about using the legacy assets we’ve got and not blowing even millions more by adding on to Nobles.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I went because about a year ago I fractured my left big toe and then in January this year I dislocated it.

A&E in Nobles took over some of the orthopaedic clinic rooms in Nobles, during Covid. They’ve not been handed back.

I hadn’t realised what services it delivered, minor injuries for low key A&E, x-Ray, a dialysis unit, phlebotomy clinic,  as well as step down discharge wards. Clearly other stuff.

Its not just about concentrating staff in one place, it’s about using the legacy assets we’ve got and not blowing even millions more by adding on to Nobles.

Fair point. An extension to Nobles is overdue. It's been 20 odd years. 

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Fair point. An extension to Nobles is overdue. It's been 20 odd years. 

It has extended, new and adapted existing buildings, and repurposed them. In the last 5 we’ve had Mannanan Court taking over from Grainnagh Court. The latter now being repurposed. Ward 20/Newlands was adapted for Covid and will continue to be adapted. The new Breast Cancer and Oncology Day Wards.  And I’ve missed lots off.

Private Patients has been stripped out and refurbished, then repurposed for covid. Now waiting for an operator.

Plus the Hospice has grown, which I know is third sector, but it’s on the same estate, and takes end of life care out of hospital beds.

• Thanks 2

On 6/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, Boo Gay'n said:

In my opinion we need to staff Manx Care with professionals who know nothing about health care. The principles of successfully operating at executive level in different industries are the same. 

All we keep doing is nicking staff from failing healthcare systems elsewhere and expect them to make a positive difference here. We need to tear up the script and operate it like a business. A patient is the customer and the service is the product. Get back to basics and cut out the unnecessary wastage and bureaucracy.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

In my opinion we need to staff Manx Care with professionals who know nothing about health care. The principles of successfully operating at executive level in different industries are the same. 

That approach has been tried several times.

It had failed spectacularly  recently with a CEO with a history of health care based on a degree in music.

That failure  will prove to be extremely expensive 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The endoscopy affair a few years ago generated a lot of bad feeling towards the Nobles hospital management. 

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

That is  plastic surgery, dermatology, the wound management clinic,physiotherapy, occupational therapy, district nurse and health visitors at Dalmeny, various different outpatient clinics such as obs and gynae cardiology, ENT…

It’s seems well- managed  and the staff seem ready to smile and speak to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hampsterkahn said:

That is  plastic surgery, dermatology, the wound management clinic,physiotherapy, occupational therapy, district nurse and health visitors at Dalmeny, various different outpatient clinics such as obs and gynae cardiology, ENT…

It’s seems well- managed  and the staff seem ready to smile and speak to you.

It's certainly a chalk and cheese experience compared to Nobles!

• Like 1