Isle of Man Creamery ‘Pride’ cheese

Steady Eddie

16 hours ago, Gladys said:

To me, it is no more of an issue or offensive than someone asking you to pronounce their name correctly. 

It isn’t really as a woke will always find a way to be offended. You won’t even see it coming either. You’ll say something perfectly sensible and then you’ll be accused of all sorts of hate speech backed up by a whole load of nonsensical reasons why you’ve offended them. If it isn’t pronouns it will be something else like they’re vegan and your wearing leather shoes. Or your killing the planet by not driving an electric car or you didn’t say Black Lives Matter quick enough. Literally anything will trigger them as sadly it’s the way these idiots work these days. 

Edited by Newsdesk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

11 pages dedicated to tge wrapping of some cheese. Jesus christ.

Yep, and this is kind of the point.
Isle of Man have chosen themselves a nice little bandwagon here.

Now, while we are at it, what about all the other 1000s of other Isle of Man companies, where are they eh? Presumably they are all harbouring sexist, racist and that sort of thing attitudes and don't care. Isle of Man creameries do care, so there. 

Edited by AOR

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well yes indeed.

But equally if you are offended by being addressed by a non preferred pronoun in a totally innocent, understandable way and without any malice, you may be in need of a looking glass yourself.

It is about creating an inclusive working environment where someone who has been brave enough to state they are trans gets referred to by the proper pronouns.

It's about avoiding having to explain it to everyone or correct people all the time.

If you tell someone your name and they mispronounce it once or twice are you offended?  Probably not.  If they continue to mispronounce it constantly then you will probably get annoyed eventually.  Same applies to using the wrong pronouns.

People really are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this all fuelled by outlets like the Daily Mail and the Culture Wars.

Those in power would much prefer that you focus on this tiny issue which they have over inflated rather than actually pay attention to the real issues.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

It is about creating an inclusive working environment where someone who has been brave enough to state they are trans gets referred to by the proper pronouns.

It's about avoiding having to explain it to everyone or correct people all the time.

If you tell someone your name and they mispronounce it once or twice are you offended?  Probably not.  If they continue to mispronounce it constantly then you will probably get annoyed eventually.  Same applies to using the wrong pronouns.

People really are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this all fuelled by outlets like the Daily Mail and the Culture Wars.

Those in power would much prefer that you focus on this tiny issue which they have over inflated rather than actually pay attention to the real issues.

Quite, and it is also to help the colleagues of trans.  Just makes everyone's life easier and allows people some respect and courtesy. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite, and it is also to help the colleagues of trans.  Just makes everyone's life easier and allows people some respect and courtesy. 

It doesn’t help colleagues at all though. It just helps people to bully other people into acknowledging their self identification and supports that whole pathetic “If you don’t call me ‘they’ I’ll go to HR and tell them you’re bullying me by misgendering me and you might get a written warning” attitude which is why I think a lot of people think it’s frankly idiotic and meaningless and won’t bow to it either. 

Its the ‘they’s I really don’t get in all of this though and I’m sorry but I’m not buying into anyone else’s mental health fantasy that they are neither a man or a woman by referring to them as ‘they’ as its simply ridiculously silly. If you go for a piss you’ll soon work out what you are and there is simply no need for me to buy into your attention seeking fantasy self construction. 

30 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

It doesn’t help colleagues at all though. It just helps people to bully other people into acknowledging their self identification and supports that whole pathetic “If you don’t call me ‘they’ I’ll go to HR and tell them you’re bullying me by misgendering me and you might get a written warning” attitude which is why I think a lot of people think it’s frankly idiotic and meaningless and won’t bow to it either. 

I think that’s were most people think the pronoun labeling pushes the bounds of common sense. It’s a bit like the trans competitive sporting argument. Yes it’s most people get and accept the fact that you identify as a woman (it seems to be largely the woman’s sports that are the issue) but it’s fairly obvious that you have a significant physical advantage over someone who has been female from birth. You’re being discriminated on account of that fact not that anyone is saying that you aren’t a woman. If cis woman are barred from taking performance enhancing drugs or testosterone to give themselves on advantage over other woman it’s hard to see the logic of saying that someone whose body has benefited from testosterone for 20 years can. Again it’s got nothing to do with recognition or gender it’s about fairness on a competitive level. Otherwise we’ll get to the position at some stage that womens sport is comprised almost entirely of trans athletes kicking the ass of cis women. 

42 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Its the ‘they’s I really don’t get in all of this though and I’m sorry but I’m not buying into anyone else’s mental health fantasy that they are neither a man or a woman by referring to them as ‘they’ as its simply ridiculously silly. If you go for a piss you’ll soon work out what you are and there is simply no need for me to buy into your attention seeking fantasy self construction. 

You’re living in the upside down. 

Bully people into the recognising someone’s gender! What right have people to assert that their opinion of someone’s gender takes precedence over the individual’s own?

That’s bullying mate, it’s what playground tough guys do when the weakest boy gets called “Mary” or “she”. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AOR said:

Isle of Man Creameries pipe their waste into Douglas Bay. But they don't shout too hard about that when pushing the moral high ground.

Agreed and from what I know, the whey they pipe untreated into the bay is off the scale bad sh1t.

It may be an urban legend, but I was told it was dissolving the pipes and manholes it goes through, like sulfuric acid but worse.....

IOM Biosphere?

My Arse

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

It may be an urban legend, but I was told it was dissolving the pipes and manholes it goes through, like sulfuric acid but worse.....

Seems unlikely, even "acid whey" has a pH of around 5.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

https://thecounter.org/whey-disposal-reuse-cheese-dairy-byproduct/

Quick Google brings up this and other googling results show it should be treated before being discharged.

It is actually worse than I was told it was it you look into it.(Come on Roger, you are better than this, spend some time on it :-))  Its a proper Industrial waste product, that has no place being discharged into the sea without treatment.

The same person who told me about the acid nature of the whey also said the creamery were going to be prosecuted by the Environment Dept due to is discharge but Hey Ho, who cares on the IOM?   when you have a government happy with decapitated bodies flying into people gardens as part of a "Festival".....

46 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It coagulates and blocks the sewers and manholes, which becomes rather nasty stuff as it festers and the blockages cause obvious problems (such as white putrid streams down Broadway). 

There are often gulls hanging about the discharge in the bay. I suppose they are celebratng because up until a few years ago it was only raw sewage they could feast upon. 

1 minute ago, AOR said:

It coagulates and blocks the sewers and manholes, which becomes rather nasty stuff as it festers and the blockages cause obvious problems (such as white putrid streams down Broadway). 

There are often gulls hanging about the discharge in the bay. I suppose they are celebratng because up until a few years ago it was only raw sewage they could feast upon. 

I don't doubt it can block drains and sewers, but eating through them...?