Isle of Man Creamery ‘Pride’ cheese

Steady Eddie

6 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Go for "Yessir".

If you're a ham-faced dinosaur that gets all sweaty by publicly broadcasting about the unacceptability of transgenderism, whilst secretly being thrilled and slightly aroused by the whole idea (hence a desperate need to post about it everywhere), you can translate it as "you, sir".

If you live in the post-1950's and have no deep-rooted insecurity about your own gender identity, you can translate it as "ussey", an archaic gender-neutral term for "you".

What a load of cock 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Or maybe the next woke police greeting will be “Good morning, I notice that you’re not wearing a badge informing me of your preferred pronouns. Please tell me how I should be formally addressing you before I ask you to get out of the vehicle” 

Your fictional copper seems to be able to address the motorist perfectly well without establishing gender.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well not really because you or you’re might be offensive to someone whose preferred pronouns are them or they. You can’t assume that greeting them the first person might not trigger them. Perhaps we need a very nondescript universal greeting drawn up such as “Live long & prosper” or “Greetings human person”? 

If you addressed me in the first person it would trigger confusion.  "Greetings could I get out of the vehicle please?"

You is second person not first.

He, she, they etc are third person. "They" is not an alternative for "you".

The only people likely to be offended by being addressed in the second person are people who do not have a concept of themselves as beings seperate from the rest of humanity with an individual identity. Like the Borg or an ant. Except they won't be bothered because they have no concept of themselves as individual beings.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well not really because you or you’re might be offensive to someone whose preferred pronouns are them or they. You can’t assume that greeting them the first person might not trigger them. Perhaps we need a very nondescript universal greeting drawn up such as “Live long & prosper” or “Greetings human person”? 

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/first-second-and-third-person/

• Like 1

The day will come when someone gets off being punished because they,her,him,whatever, complains they have not been addressed in the manner of that they,she,he,him whatever prefer.   I puzzle how to answer when people as if my dog is male or female apparently some people find ….it is a male but has been de balled quite offensive but if you ask personal questions 😒  .   People are people to me and should be treated equally without fear or favour I am not interested what sex they are or religion they follow as long as they support the same football team as me they are good uns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The day will come when someone gets off being punished because they,her,him,whatever, complains they have not been addressed in the manner of that they,she,he,him whatever prefer.   I puzzle how to answer when people as if my dog is male or female apparently some people find ….it is a male but has been de balled quite offensive but if you ask personal questions 😒  .   People are people to me and should be treated equally without fear or favour I am not interested what sex they are or religion they follow as long as they support the same football team as me they are good uns.

You'd better be a red then !!! 

• Thanks 1

It's time the creamery pushed a bit harder. 

The vintage cheddar with the salt crystals is great, the mature makes good cheese on toast (with Franks red hot), the black pepper one is quite good.

But the red leicester is average (and the sainsburys shropshire red in shoprite kicks the crap out of it) the double Gloucester and mild chedder are bollocks and they don't seem to sell Druidale any more. And they made a mistake when they stuck fruit in it too, that Druidale was crying out for ginger not cranberries or apricot. The chilli chedders don't have the required kick either. And I don't know what they use for the 'smoked' chedder but come on, smoke it in the fish yards. Get it silly.

You can buy French brie style soft cheeses from dairies in Northern Ireland and Cornwall, so how about having a go at one of those? Or get some blue mold ripping though something.

Our cows are grass fed open pasture for most of the year (though you can tell by the milk taste when theyre on silage). Theres a big market for both decent quality standard cheese and for things a bit different.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Always willing to give cheese another go, but I will be surprised.

It's got the little crystals you get in a properly mature cheddar. It's really good. And I say that as a man whose preferred cheeses come from France and stink.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The day will come when someone gets off being punished because they,her,him,whatever, complains they have not been addressed in the manner of that they,she,he,him whatever prefer.

Not  really? Aren't 'they' in prison at the moment?