JK Rowling Manx Flag Controversy

Amadeus

Just now, HeliX said:

OK, let's say you ban trans women from women's changing rooms.

Now what? How are you going to police it? The fake trans people you're concerned about can still just make themselves look suitably female and go into the changing room. There are too many androgynous men and butch women to effectively police it without checking people's genitals as they enter. Which I don't think is an improvement.

All it would do is make trans people less safe, not make women safer.

Totally false argument to support your daft wokism.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

OK, let's say you ban trans women from women's changing rooms.

Now what? How are you going to police it? The fake trans people you're concerned about can still just make themselves look suitably female and go into the changing room. There are too many androgynous men and butch women to effectively police it without checking people's genitals as they enter. Which I don't think is an improvement.

You can also get a cracking vaginoplasty for about 13 grand.

The surgeons are as much artists as medical practitioners. How does one make sure a vagina is 'real' enough?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Yes let’s enforce rights on a tiny tiny percentage of the population even if they make some women who have grown up in a strongly patriarchal society and who may have been subject to sexual abuse by men feel uncomfortable. As I have said the main issue seems to be about self identification and how it’s been abused in certain cases by devious men. That’s it. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Yes let’s enforce rights on a tiny tiny percentage of the population even if they make some women who have grown up in a strongly patriarchal society and who may have been subject to sexual abuse by men feel uncomfortable. As I have said the main issue seems to be about self identification and how it’s been abused in certain cases by devious men. That’s it. Nothing more.

Banning trans women from the bathroom doesn't remove that risk for cis women.

Also even small parts of the population are entitled to rights.

Edited by HeliX

12 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You can also get a cracking vaginoplasty for about 13 grand.

The surgeons are as much artists as medical practitioners. How does one make sure a vagina is 'real' enough?

Yet somehow you seem to manage being an authentic cunt for nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

As Helix rightly pointed out, on the whole, far more women than men think trans women should have access to toilets, changing rooms and refuges.

What does that say about men?

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

What does that say about men?

The whole issue is men and mens attitude to woman in the patriarchal socially most women have grown up in. As I have consistently said right the way through this thread. 

This is a very confusing topic for me-

1.I just don’t see where the Manx flag- or any flag,comes into this?

2.The public toilet issue - I use one very infrequently.I find then smelly and rather unpleasant- but useful if needed for the sole purpose of peeing and pooing.

Thankfully, I have never been “approached”  by anyone in a toilet.The prospect would be a further deterrent for me using one, even to the point risking of bladder complications.

A fact of life is that women / female sex  (or whatever term is currently in use)  do, by dint of anatomy and physiology etc.m do  have more frequent need of such facilities.Unless they have trained bladder and other muscular tone to levels to produce an unusual trajectory, they sit down - rather than pee against the porcelain whilst standing.This means removal of more clothing and increases the  feeling of vulnerabilty.

They should be be able to use these facilities confidently  without even the briefest second thought about it -and not feel in any way uncomfortable.

As father, I would have been very concerned to wait whilst my young daughter entered  a public toilet ( where as a “male” I would not have been be permitted to enter) to be followed in  by someone  who - for whatever reason,  claimed they had a perfect right to be there, but by their appearance and demeanor would have very probably caused her distress and - and fear.

Men/ young boys; women/ young girls have a basic right to the access the appropriately designated facilities without feeling in any way intimidated or uncomfortable.

Edited by hampsterkahn
spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

How does one make sure a vagina is 'real' enough?

When it can give birth, self-lubricate, not have a dead-end nor require continuous dilation therapy and usually a daily lavage to prevent infection, especially when sexually active.

That would be real enough. Obviously a real vagina can be one thing only; an essential component of a reproductive system only to be found within the body of a female human, by definition, as nature biologically intended. Anything else just isn't, cannot be, classed as a vagina.

• Like 1