JK Rowling Manx Flag Controversy

Amadeus

On 7/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, Newsdesk said:

You seem to be like the bad genie in this thread. Popping up instantly anyone expresses a contrary opinion. Under 15 minutes. Impressive. 

Actually they aren't wrong.

Art has been found as early as the Assyrian / Babylonian cultures of there being a concept of something other than male or female.

The roman ruler they are referring to is Elagabalus who took over as ruler of Rome in their teenage years and demanded to be referred to as she, her, empress and offered large sums of money to the doctors of the age to give them female genitalia.

Rome also has the Galli, a transgender cult / priesthood that prayed to a transgender deity.

Saturnalia was considered a time for people to explore their identities and dress as their opposite.

Even in the masculine viking society they had Loki who is considered to be a transgender individual but lesser known is Odin who often appeared in the form of a woman.

India has had the Hijra for thousands of years and those who follow Hinduism acknowledge a transgender deity known as Mohini. Among others.

Native Americans had two spirited people.

Even the early medieval church acknowledged trans people and had transgender saints. This is obviously before they fully became the bastion of acceptance they are now known for...

And more. There are countless examples. Transgenderism is as old as humanity itself.

Edited by Chie
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I can recommend the great Russian physician "Ivana Lobabolokov"

Are we 100% certain they want to use Loboabolokov?

They may want to use Sergei Slapabolokon.

Once upon a time it was pretty clear when they said things like 'Miss' Morrison.... 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I can recommend the great Russian physician "Ivana Lobabolokov"

It just looks like more silly wokery that’s going to be pushed into our faces. Surely if you wanted it that much you’d find ways of paying for it yourself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

It just looks like more silly wokery that’s going to be pushed into our faces. Surely if you wanted it that much you’d find ways of paying for it yourself. 

And if they were planning on having it done on the NHS, surely we're are already paying for it via NI and Taxes?  I suppose they're just cutting out the middle/taxman. 

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

And if they were planning on having it done on the NHS, surely we're are already paying for it via NI and Taxes?  I suppose they're just cutting out the middle/taxman. 

The full story goes on to say that they don’t support it on the NHS here which I know is bollocks as I know people who have received treatment on the NHS here. No doubt its more attention-seeking wokery about how unfair life is and a call for a transgender treatment centre at Nobles which will cost x millions.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You’ve misgendered there, it’s either Ivana Lobabolokova or Ivan Lobabolokov

Ivana is trans. Feckin' complicated this gender business nowadays eh?

Edited by b4mbi

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You’ve misgendered there, it’s either Ivana Lobabolokova or Ivan Lobabolokov

@b4mbi uh oh, you TERF bigot!  

I'd keep your home address off twitter.  😉

Yeah, I see they are frustrated there is no gender reassignment clinic here.  Can't they get on a plane like Cancer patients? 

33 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I have no problem with Manx Care funding most treatment, and whilst I do appreciate and am sympathetic to the mental health plight with those transitioning, it is something is right if they are refusing to fund certain treatment. I don’t really have sympathy with this particular person, whinging to the newspaper. Sadly there are lots of Manx Residents not getting the treatment they are entitled to. Some waiting and suffering, and in great pain - hips, knees and cataracts to name some ailments, having a poor quality of life. It’s a great story for the Manx Newspapers, whether it’s true or false. Manx Care are cutting back and economising on most things …………. except their Management.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

@b4mbi uh oh, you TERF bigot!  

I'd keep your home address off twitter.  😉

Yeah, I see they are frustrated there is no gender reassignment clinic here.  Can't they get on a plane like Cancer patients? 

There is no oncology centre here. There is no Heart and Lung Centre here. There is no neurological centre here. 

In the grand scheme of things, Nobles (Manx Care are different -  bureaucractic, like DHSC) isn’t too bad, it has its faults, but at least most people get dealt with one way or the other, we really should be thankful that we aren’t like the UK NHS …………….. just yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

There is no oncology centre here. There is no Heart and Lung Centre here. There is no neurological centre here. 

In the grand scheme of things, Nobles (Manx Care are different -  bureaucractic, like DHSC) isn’t too bad, it has its faults, but at least most people get dealt with one way or the other, we really should be thankful that we aren’t like the UK NHS …………….. just yet. 

100% agree, I was just being deliberately flippant to avoid enraging myself.  We've got to accept that Nobles is effectively a small town hospital and it cannot specialize in some of these things. 

There are people who are in agony or literally at death's door who have to go through the whole patient plane transfer palaver to the UK and this person is frustrated there is no gender clinic her.  I'm sure all those other people who are actually sick are pretty frustrated too, but it's not front page news is it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

There’s a breast cancer ward and an oncology day centre at which a surprisingly large number of different chemotherapy treatments can be, and are, delivered.