JK Rowling Manx Flag Controversy

Amadeus

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No she makes very some valid points in relation to how the movement is affecting women's rights that’s all. A huge amount of it is blown up out of all proportion by silly online idiots. 

So you don't actually know the full story if you think that's all it is. Just so we all understand the context of your 'argument'.

We also don't have to as your opinion is usually similarly polar opposite to any person capable of empathy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No she makes very some valid points in relation to how the movement is affecting women's rights that’s all. A huge amount of it is blown up out of all proportion by silly online idiots. 

Exactly.  I don't believe she is anti-trans in any way.  She is anti the militant hysteria that seems to follow this whole thing unfortunately.  Good for her too.  Women's rights have been defined for millennia by men.  Now they are gaining a level of parity and self determination, but these newfound rights and equalities are being sabotaged or unfairly utilized by men again, but this time they are wearing dresses and are calling themselves Susan. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Exactly.  I don't believe she is anti-trans in any way.  She is anti the militant hysteria that seems to follow this whole thing unfortunately.  Good for her too.  Women's rights have been defined for millennia by men.  Now they are gaining a level of parity and self determination, but these newfound rights and equalities are being sabotaged or unfairly utilized by men again, but this time they are wearing dresses and are calling themselves Susan. 

Not entirely sure this is the case. I'm aware of the whole thing and have actually just re-read her long form post on it. 

She puts it down to safeguarding in the main (there are other reasons) and the like and if that's her take on it then that's understandable. She also points to her awful sounding first marriage and that's an awful thing to have to go through.

Two things about her views don't sit comfortably with me though:

1. That ultimately to be considered a woman you must 'menstruate'.

2. The deleting of the supportive tweet about Stephen King following him praising the trans community.

Appreciate this is a complex issue and there is actually much debate in a thread about the ultimate discussion point over there where it may be better served to take it if it gets deeper.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

She didn’t actually say that at all. What she said was actually twisted by idiots.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/jk-rowling-tweet-women-menstruate-people-transphobia-twitter-a9552866.html

‘People who menstruate.’ I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?

“If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth,” she tweeted. “The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women—i.e., to male violence—‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences—is a nonsense.”

She continued, “I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans. At the same time, my life has been shaped by being female. I do not believe it’s hateful to say so.”

These are both direct comments from her in there. I think there's enough to say she's arguing they can't be 'women'. Also the others surrounding it. 

You can draw your own conclusions but I will say it's my opinion she believes that. Gathered from what I've read on the subject. 

I don't understand why she feels the need to get involved in it all anyway with these comments. There's absolutely no need.

But harking back to the original point of this thread, i.e what it has to do the with the Manx flag, again I have no idea and it was probably some sort of in joke.
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Err because she’s probably one of the worlds most successful authors and she has an opinion. Are you saying that only some people are allowed to get involved in the issue on social media? That is another problem with the woke culture. They can’t accept that other people have opinions which differ to there’s. There is no debate. Just a lot of shouting and screaming. It’s sad in a way. 

I think the only people that are 'allowed' to comment are the women with penises.  

You can't change sex.  It's defined by your genetics.  But you can change gender. 

Although there is far too much of this going on.... 

"Grown woman with penis beats teenage girl at skating"

https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/transgender-competitor-beats-13yearold-girl-in-nyc-womens-skateboarding-contest/news-story/5f018c6c99b04d752465344d4f05e89c

Or there has recently been a flurry of women with penises beating the actual shit out of women without penises in MMA. 

Sharon Davies has been sticking up for the sisters, as remarkably has Caitlin Jenner. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1