JK Rowling Manx Flag Controversy

Amadeus

14 minutes ago, Declan said:. 

With gender dismorphia we can make similar legal and societal changes to make the world more accommodating to trans people. But however much society changes there remains a part of the physical world that is unchanged - the individual’s own body and the intervention for that is medical. 

You’re confusing gender dysphoria with body dysmorphia 

• Like 2

Eh! What ever happened to plain English???

Do you think that Formula 1 should replace their carbon fibre use with Organic fibre such as Hemp? There are different properties for the two materials and  strength, torsional and lateral are................. Am I boring you? Quite!

The argument would be more inclusive without the disphoria, dysentry and disprin?? Surely the wider debate is more important than a profusion of smart ass comments???

Forgive me if I'm wrong Declan but I read your original comment to be ''Don't cure'', as was obvious from the second sentence and yet the debate continued without consideration of that!!!

Edited by Kopek

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Perhaps you didn’t physically write what your mind thought you had intended?

To be fair I didn’t. As I wrote later there’s no psychiatric or psychological cure for dyslexia. Or carelessness. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

It's a really poor cut and paste job. But why is a convicted sex offender not in a separate part of the prison. Trans or otherwise.

Equally how many sexual assaults are undertaken by lesbians in prison? You’re not telling me that if you like women whether you’re a trans woman with a dick or not I would imagine that being locked up with hundreds of women might result in a similar behaviour? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BriT said:

What are you on. They’re making arrangements, as any good health service provider would, for the transfer of the existing referrals from the Island at Tavistock, whether in assessment, treatment or on the waiting list, so that treatment continues seamlessly with the new delivery provider. 

• Like 5