Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm still to be approved by Tynwald, but if ratified I have a raft of ideas for IOMPO.

I'm going to change the house colour from red (too GPO) to yellow (much happier) and ask all the posties to wear 'Pat' name badges and whistle in a jolly manner. All vehicles will have a stuffed toy black and white cat glued to the back. I'm minded to reintroduce Saturday deliveries but only if there can be a £10 surcharge payable on the doorstep to your local Pat.

In all seriousness, anything is possible if there's funding for it (either from profits or taxes) but I expect there was a strong case to discontinue Saturday deliveries. Same with a post office on every street corner - maybe nice to have, but at what cost? Anyway, let me get my feet under the table first - I'm off to B&Q (handy) to look at yellow paint.

I don't even think you're joking about those ideas.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm still to be approved by Tynwald, but if ratified I have a raft of ideas for IOMPO.

I'm going to change the house colour from red (too GPO) to yellow (much happier) and ask all the posties to wear 'Pat' name badges and whistle in a jolly manner. All vehicles will have a stuffed toy black and white cat glued to the back. I'm minded to reintroduce Saturday deliveries but only if there can be a £10 surcharge payable on the doorstep to your local Pat.

In all seriousness, anything is possible if there's funding for it (either from profits or taxes) but I expect there was a strong case to discontinue Saturday deliveries. Same with a post office on every street corner - maybe nice to have, but at what cost? Anyway, let me get my feet under the table first - I'm off to B&Q (handy) to look at yellow paint.

Stu Peters = Upsetter...

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I started on the march to save Ramsey PO, as it was, but when I saw a banner proclaiming "Je suis Ramsey Post Office" I quietly left. I mean................ 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I started on the march to save Ramsey PO, as it was, but when I saw a banner proclaiming "Je suis Ramsey Post Office" I quietly left. I mean................ 

you can save any services you want if you’re prepared to pay for them unfortunately everyone expects everything to continue as before even if loss making, ask people to pay more to save anything & they disappear very quickly!!

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

you can save any services you want if you’re prepared to pay for them unfortunately everyone expects everything to continue as before even if loss making, ask people to pay more to save anything & they disappear very quickly!!

I'd prefer to see Gov take all the damn paper forms out of the POs and put them online. Not to download, to fill out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

well, it's how the money is spent really, isn't it.

I wonder how much tax payers money has been spent on quayle's holiday cottages, in a multitude of ways, over the years, for instance. One example of public expense for private gain.

6 hours ago, Hoops said:

well, it's how the money is spent really, isn't it.

I wonder how much tax payers money has been spent on quayle's holiday cottages, in a multitude of ways, over the years, for instance. One example of public expense for private gain.

HQ and I don't like one another, but I have to say that if he was running a business that was eligible for a support grant and he got it, then he's entitled to it and we shouldn't complain. If he influenced the grant scheme for personal gain, or made a fraudulent claim he should be called out for it - but I expect he recused himself when any conflicts of interest arose. 

12 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

HQ and I don't like one another, but I have to say that if he was running a business that was eligible for a support grant and he got it, then he's entitled to it and we shouldn't complain. If he influenced the grant scheme for personal gain, or made a fraudulent claim he should be called out for it - but I expect he recused himself when any conflicts of interest arose. 

If I had any influence over things, we'd still be in lockdown. It was fookin' ace.

And if the wonga was rolling in then even more so.

Edited by AOR