Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

Funnily enough, I have been sorting through my Mum's personal effects and one I want to keep is a cigarette coupon.  I can remener her saving them to get something and getting my brother and me to sit and count them! I can't remember what joys she was looking for, but it is a strange look back through that funny telescope of time. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Funnily enough, I have been sorting through my Mum's personal effects and one I want to keep is a cigarette coupon.  I can remener her saving them to get something and getting my brother and me to sit and count them! I can't remember what joys she was looking for, but it is a strange look back through that funny telescope of time. 

My Dad smoked Embassy. I was often sent to Len’s paper shop, aged about 9, to buy them for him. 

They did a sort of treasure hunt game, or something.  You had to collect all of the cards to find the prize. These days it would be unthinkable for the smoking companies to be encouraging sales through such a promotion. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

My Dad smoked Embassy. I was often sent to Len’s paper shop, aged about 9, to buy them for him. 

They did a sort of treasure hunt game, or something.  You had to collect all of the cards to find the prize. These days it would be unthinkable for the smoking companies to be encouraging sales through such a promotion. 

My father used to collect Embassy coupons in his smoking days, there was a catalogue of goods available each year to "buy" with the accumulated coupons.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Perhaps you could comment on this time-sucking bag of crap Stu?

https://survey.islandglobalresearch.com/s3/2022IOMPostSurvey

It even includes the classic “Would you like IOM Post to be more green and caring or would you like it to actually just do it’s job and deliver letters and parcels to you within a reasonable timeframe” 

Honestly whoever mapped out these questions has never had a proper job in their entire life. It’s all about finding KPIs that certainly aren’t about delivering either packages or letters. 

A sample of the utter bollocks questions asked before I clicked out of it on the grounds I couldn’t be arsed wasting another 5 minutes of my life on rubbish scoped out by morons. On the basis that I don’t actually run IOM Post I have no actual idea what it costs to send a letter to anywhere but I will suggest that if it’s the IOM then you don’t actually have a viable business. And does anyone really think 6-10 days to deliver a letter to the UK would be an acceptable option to include when a stamp is 73p?

33C20C13-9D22-4CD1-A281-842E3997B92A.jpeg

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 1

I meant what's the difference between very and extremely important.

Another question ...

Isle of Man Post Office is considering introducing an expiry date for stamps, since old stamps are being resold by agents and used for posting without generating any revenue for Isle of Man Post Office.

For how long after you have bought a postage stamp do you think the stamp should be valid?

I find it hard to believe that there is enough people keeping stashes of old Manx stamps and selling them years later to dealers who sell them on for a profit to people who are still able save money.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

I meant what's the difference between very and extremely important.

Even ignoring that. They’re a post collection and delivery service. Of what relevance is respondents attitude to climate change in a survey about postal services? They might as well ask were you a Trump or Biden supporter?

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BriT said:

Honestly whoever mapped out these questions has never had a proper job in their entire life. It’s all about finding KPIs that certainly aren’t about delivering either packages or letters. 

There's an office block at Spring Valley full of people who have never had a proper job in their entire life.

They've now been charged with turning the PO into a notable money generator  although at no risk to their own positions,  not an unusual situation in Govt.

We have seen this before in Govt and statutory Board operations; it doesn't bode well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

Even ignoring that. They’re a post collection and delivery service. Of what relevance is respondents attitude to climate change in a survey about postal services? They might as well ask were you a Trump or Biden supporter?

I think it could be used to cut services. Or to justify expenditure on electric vans etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Non-Believer said:

They've now been charged with turning the PO into a notable money generator

Go through the questionnaire. It’s basically a joke. In fact it’s more than that it’s actually pathetic. You can see that all it’s trying to do is get people to accept even worse service and even more closures.