Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

37 minutes ago, BriT said:

Go through the questionnaire. It’s basically a joke. In fact it’s more than that it’s actually pathetic. You can see that all it’s trying to do is get people to accept even worse service and even more closures. 

The current structure shows more than 50 people in "management" positions (as opposed to actual posties). With a remarkable reoccurrence of family names.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The current structure shows more than 50 people in "management" positions (as opposed to actual posties). With a remarkable reoccurrence of family names.

The whole thing should have been headed “IOM Post would like to offer much worse services to you as a consumer in future while charging you exactly the same prices for delivering less. Please use this survey to help us justify giving you worse service in future so that all our managers can stay in jobs making the customer experience progressively worse”

Sorry Stu. I apologise for starting this post. You’re clearly not keeping any eye on this are you? This survey is mind numbing. Absolutely appalling!

Even having spent half the night awake, this survey bored the crap out of me, and I gave up 10 minutes in. You paid someone to produce this? Really?

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

With a remarkable reoccurrence of family names.

Well just wait until you get to the end. It’s a tortuous process but I felt I wanted to get my views across. You’re then confronted with the option to enter a draw for £100 of vouchers from either Love IOM, Amazon, M&S, The Abbey, IOM Trike Tours or Mad Jacks Axe Throwing. What a random selection which bizarrely includes that well know IOM Constabulary pension top up scheme tourism business and a really unpopular card the DfE is pushing! 

17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Two people getting more than £100,000 per year last year.

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1

Investment in associates As part of the acquisition of property at Barleyfields, Isle of Man Business Park, the Post Office acquired 40 shares of Isle of Man Business Park (No 4) Management Company Limited, a company incorporated in the Isle of Man, representing 40% of the issued capital of the company. The principal activity of the company is the management of the shared element of the property acquired. The Board has taken the decision not to include the Post Office’s share of profits or losses of associates or its interest in their net assets in these accounts, as in its view the results would be immaterial.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Investment in associates As part of the acquisition of property at Barleyfields, Isle of Man Business Park, the Post Office acquired 40 shares of Isle of Man Business Park (No 4) Management Company Limited, a company incorporated in the Isle of Man, representing 40% of the issued capital of the company. The principal activity of the company is the management of the shared element of the property acquired. The Board has taken the decision not to include the Post Office’s share of profits or losses of associates or its interest in their net assets in these accounts, as in its view the results would be immaterial.

That company is registered at 31 Victoria Street which is Crystals address so looks like it’s a standard management company for leased property maintenance rather than any form of investment. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No airmail left the Island last night. No airmail arrived on the Island this morning. IoM Post "apologising" for the situation.

I'm reliably informed that this and other problems are being caused by a recently new-in-service aircraft which is beset with technical issues.

Whatever the cause, it's a shambles for domestic and business customers alike. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

No airmail left the Island last night. No airmail arrived on the Island this morning. IoM Post "apologising" for the situation.

I'm reliably informed that this and other problems are being caused by a recently new-in-service aircraft which is beset with technical issues.

Look at the age of the aircraft being  used.

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It’s chartered by Royal Mail apparently so they’ve gone for the cheapest quote obviously