Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS the plane chartered by Royal Mail has broken down!! What do you expect to happen 

It's becoming a weekly occurrence though (if not more), on top of strikes, weather and whatever else. Given what we pay here in Postal Charges it's not anything like good enough.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's becoming a weekly occurrence though (if not more), on top of strikes, weather and whatever else. Given what we pay here in Postal Charges it's not anything like good enough.

It’s crap I’ve given up ebaying last few months. Too many complaints over price of postage and delays.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Given what we pay here in Postal Charges it's not anything like good enough.

A first class stamp is 22p cheaper here than in the UK.

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I would have expected the mail to go on yesterdays boat ,   and integrated into Royal mails system

Would probably be slower, Royal Mail are geared to send everything through their hub at East Midlands Airport.

Is the charter still with West Atlantic?

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s crap I’ve given up ebaying last few months. Too many complaints over price of postage and delays.

I buy a number of bits of stuff from eBay ( never been a seller) No real complaints. The odd parcel has sometimes been a bit longer to receive than that which you might expect but that could  be down to the tardiness of the seller rather than the postal service

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I buy a number of bits of stuff from eBay ( never been a seller) No real complaints. The odd parcel has sometimes been a bit longer to receive than that which you might expect but that could  be down to the tardiness of the seller rather than the postal service

I use tracking for everything the service here is appalling. 

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I don’t use tracking but don’t have any complaints.

You must have very low standards then. I’m currently tracking 4 packages sent from here last week that have not been delivered as yet and 2 sent from the UK last week 48 hours tracked that are now 4 days over due. 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You must have very low standards then. I’m currently tracking 4 packages sent from here last week that have not been delivered as yet and 2 sent from the UK last week 48 hours tracked that are now 4 days over due. 

Are all guarantees not suspended due to Royal Mail strikes at the moment? Delays I usually find are UK side not here.

Speaking of E bay. A bit off topic but I recently made a best offer of £4.30 for an item which I could have bought outright for £5.00.

This was rejected and I was invited to up my offer.

In another fit of pique ( I seem to have a lot of those) I bought the same item from another seller for £6.00 rather than pay the £5.00 or make a better offer.

Obviously from an economic point of view this was madness.

But if you are going to invite offers for an item you would sell without question for £5.00 an offer of £4.30 is not unreasonable.

Perhaps if I had offered £430 for an item on sale for £500 but open to offers  then that might be deemed a bit low. Or £43,000 for £50,000 but open to offers.

The psychology of it all is very interesting.