Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The Post Office is already itself well immersed in the "gig" economy by employing any number of casual ZHC staff, often to replace departing/retiring full-timers.

Even on ZHC they still pay employer's NICs, which is more than the likes of MyHerpes and their "self-employed" delivery drivers do.

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

The elephant in the room is the daily post delivery. Look at how people greeted the abolition of Saturday mail deliveries.

Literally THE only purpose of sending a letter at 73p or whatever is the fact that there is a daily delivery service. It’s sad the the post office want to move to a new model where it looks like it’s simply too match hassle to deliver post when people expect post. 

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

Literally THE only purpose of sending a letter at 73p or whatever is the fact that there is a daily delivery service. It’s sad the the post office want to move to a new model where it looks like it’s simply too match hassle to deliver post when people expect post. 

Did we ever have two daily deliveries as well as Saturday?  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BriT said:

I don’t think so. But to be fair I’ve never received a package on a Saturday either despite them allegedly delivering packages on Saturdays. 

i have , its the only day of the week i know the post is worth opening.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BriT said:

I don’t think so. But to be fair I’ve never received a package on a Saturday either despite them allegedly delivering packages on Saturdays. 

before isle of man post took over and we had royal mail ,  we did have 2 deliveries a day and a delivery on Saturday  and a telegram service that operated 7 days a week delivered to your door 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

before isle of man post took over and we had royal mail ,  we did have 2 deliveries a day and a delivery on Saturday  and a telegram service that operated 7 days a week delivered to your door 

…and the petrol was £1 a gallon and steam trains were all full and we only had 3 channels on the TV. Times have changed, nobody sends letters (or telegrams) any more. 25 years ago Blockbuster Video was all the rage.

• Like 1