Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

…and the petrol was £1 a gallon and steam trains were all full and we only had 3 channels on the TV. Times have changed, nobody sends letters (or telegrams) any more. 25 years ago Blockbuster Video was all the rage.

And the IoM was only just starting to run up billions of pounds worth of debt and liability through political economic mismanagement which it shows no signs of wanting to meaningfully tackle as yet - other than recruiting yet more management.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

And the IoM was only just starting to run up billions of pounds worth of debt and liability through political economic mismanagement which it shows no signs of wanting to meaningfully tackle as yet - other than recruiting yet more management.

Perhaps you can show us the details of the billions of pounds of debts & what it’s been spent on ?

8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

…and the petrol was £1 a gallon and steam trains were all full and we only had 3 channels on the TV. Times have changed, nobody sends letters (or telegrams) any more. 25 years ago Blockbuster Video was all the rage.

What a load of woke nonsense.

11 hours ago, Omobono said:

before isle of man post took over and we had royal mail ,  we did have 2 deliveries a day and a delivery on Saturday  and a telegram service that operated 7 days a week delivered to your door 

It’s what we call progress. I re-read Bram Stokers Dracula a while back and it’s amazing how letters and telegrams written in Victorian times were apparently delivered within a few hours and that was normal.

58 minutes ago, Banker said:

Perhaps you can show us the details of the billions of pounds of debts & what it’s been spent on ?

Awesome trolling.

Including the liability which I mentioned we can start with the Public Sector Pension situation (£5Bn) and now drawing £40M a year from Revenue. We can move on to the MEA affair and its legacy (£0.5Bn). The Liverpool Terminal (likely to exceed £100M) etc etc.

The only policies which have been turned to so far in respect of addressing any of it involve/will involve loading it onto the taxpayers and users in the form of additional charges.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

My wife sends letters, about three per week and over 200 xmas cards! I send letters because some interactions with gov. can only be done by pro forma applications sent through the post e.g., blue badge application.

15 hours ago, Gladys said:

Simple difference between a client and a customer is a customer pays straightaway.

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You sure about that?

I regard myself as a customer of say Manx Utilities and pay their invoices, say a week after receipt. Others take longer.

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

It was a slightly tongue in cheek reply. 

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Oh ok😀

Service user

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Awesome trolling.

Including the liability which I mentioned we can start with the Public Sector Pension situation (£5Bn) and now drawing £40M a year from Revenue. We can move on to the MEA affair and its legacy (£0.5Bn). The Liverpool Terminal (likely to exceed £100M) etc etc.

The only policies which have been turned to so far in respect of addressing any of it involve/will involve loading it onto the taxpayers and users in the form of additional charges.

Shit response, the public sector pension liability is not debt that has been run up in recent years, it’s always existed in some form, it’s just an actuarial estimate of all pensions if payable now, the liability is based on discount rates, mortality tables etc & will never actually be paid out in one sum.

The UK public sector pensions liability was £1.6 trillion in 2018 .

I am also fairly certain the MUA don’t owe £500m in external debt or that £100m debt has been taken on for ferry terminal but please so us details in accounts rather than incorrect statements!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Shit response, the public sector pension liability is not debt that has been run up in recent years, it’s always existed in some form, it’s just an actuarial estimate of all pensions if payable now, the liability is based on discount rates, mortality tables etc & will never actually be paid out in one sum.

The UK public sector pensions liability was £1.6 trillion in 2018 .

I am also fairly certain the MUA don’t owe £500m in external debt or that £100m debt has been taken on for ferry terminal but please so us details in accounts rather than incorrect statements!!

Well, if we're that well-off then there's no requirement for your endless whinging about teacher's pay and conditions because it's all easily affordable. :whatever:

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Well, if we're that well-off then there's no requirement for your endless whinging about teacher's pay and conditions because it's all easily affordable. :whatever:

So you’ve got No facts to prove your bullshit, didn’t think so, typical big mouth!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you’ve got No facts to prove your bullshit, didn’t think so, typical big mouth!

Given your track record for posting inaccuracies and fabrication on these boards (to include comments from the moderators to that effect), I don't think so.

The facts are that we have a PS pensions liability approaching £5Bn.

A PS pension draw from Revenue now of @ £40M annually.

A half billion cost for the Power Station which now puts @ £230 extra on the Rates demand for virtually every household on the Island in the form of the "Sewage Charge"; it matters not whether it is Internal or External debt - the taxpayers of the Island are being obliged to find the money and repay it.

A Liverpool Terminal cost up from no cost to approaching £100M

The Steam Packet and new boat purchase running into millions, probably unavoidable but that doesn't make it go away.

A £400M bond, partly to refinance the above, the remainder of which appears to getting eaten into rather faster than anticipated.

A current £32M budget deficit just announced with announcements yet to be made on exactly how the shortfall is to be recouped.

A £500M per year Public Sector wage bill.

Virtually every public sector project over budget and time (a bow-wave as Alf Cannan described it).

Those are the facts. Very few of which exactly indicate fiscal prudence in favour of the Island's tax and ratepayers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

That's all true, but as has been said it's the burden being carried by the business of ridiculously top heavy management. In view of things Stu has said all down the years it's hard to believe he's genuinely taken in by the bullshit.

Stu. You da boss man. Get some external time and motion study going on in there. Find out what the hell they all do.

• Like 3

Given the numerous operations and services the IOMPO runs, I don’t get the impression it’s over managed, but of course I could be wrong. Who is making the allegations? Is it that bloke down the pub who didn’t get one of the jobs he’s now saying is unnecessary?

3 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Given the numerous operations and services the IOMPO runs, I don’t get the impression it’s over managed, but of course I could be wrong. Who is making the allegations? Is it that bloke down the pub who didn’t get one of the jobs he’s now saying is unnecessary?

The photos of your IOM Post induction course have just come through. 

4AE16398-A6A4-4464-B072-CDF416355D0C.jpeg

not over managed  then why are we still paying 2 chief executives ?  with the massive resurgence of on line and mail order  the post office should have capitalised on this, and got off their backsides  to fight for their share of the business , I agree massive decline in postal letters ,but huge opportunities in other strands of the business ,  as far as letter post goes , we have literally  priced ourselves out of the market place , even for Junk mail !