Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

Dead man’s shoes. It’s why the whole thing is dying on its arse. No experience of anything other than what they’ve been indoctrinated with by IOM Post. 

Or alternatively they have come to know the industry inside out and can use that knowledge to implement improvements rather than having been “ indoctrinated “ by some other business.
The experience they would have gained by coming up through the ranks would be invaluable.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

The experience they would have gained by coming up through the ranks would be invaluable.

You’re clearly a civil servant who basically holds on to dead man’s shoes as their entire career path. It’s clear to see why this business is in such a mess as it can’t even see what it’s issues are as the people who run it probably are it’s main issues. 

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

You’re clearly a civil servant who basically holds on to dead man’s shoes as their entire career path. It’s clear to see why this business is in such a mess as it can’t even see what it’s issues are as the people who run it probably are it’s main issues. 

I’m not a civil servant. and never have been

Edited by The Voice of Reason

13 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Dead man’s shoes. It’s why the whole thing is dying on its arse. No experience of anything other than what they’ve been indoctrinated with by IOM Post. 

The quicker they realize that IOM Post is dying on its arse the better. But as you say if all they’re employing is people who have been there all their working lives what do they expect? They aren’t even going to understand why the world has changed around them until they’ve tried every other failed avenue to maintain the status quo of high wages and minimal effort. 

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Just stuck in a doomed logic loop then. 

I do know of one sole trader ( and there are  loads more of those, partnerships and SME’s ) who have taken on junior employees who have proven their worth and subsequently risen to very senior positions within the business.

I am not sure why you are so cynical about this. Perhaps you never made the grade?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

But one has left & you still haven’t answered who are 2 CEOs other than try to say a COO is one !!! Obviously no idea what company structures mean 😀

I know being presented with facts is confusing. But the three highest PO executives received an average of £96K a year in 2018. That’s a straight newspaper report. They still employ a CEO and COO and a CFO and if the average wage was £96K in 2018 it’s well over £100k now guaranteed. 

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I know being presented with facts is confusing. But the three highest PO executives received an average of £96K a year in 2018. That’s a straight newspaper report. They still employ a CEO and COO and a CFO and if the average wage was £96K in 2018 it’s well over £100k now guaranteed. 

But the facts are there’s only one CEO which apparently you’re too thick to grasp & seem to think that pay packages mean someone is a CEO !!

you have still not answered who the 2 CEOs are!

Not sure what salary you think CEO, COO & CFO of a £30m company should be paid .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

But the facts are there’s only one CEO which apparently you’re too thick to grasp & seem to think that pay packages mean someone is a CEO !!

Do they really need a CEO and a COO to run a statutory board? The COO is probably running it and the CEO dealing with the unneeded political crap. It’s £200k PA of cost tied up. I’m not thick at all. 

• Haha 1