Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

I’d just like to add to these 26 pages by insulting Stu Peters. I’ve never met the bloke but after reading 26 pages on here I’m convinced that he’s a fool and a bigot and probably also a racist and a climate change denier too who never should have been allowed to enter public office. I’m saying it on this anonymous forum, which is maintained and controlled by its moderators, and posting under the rules of this forum about not revealing my identity or anyone else’s identity. 

Edited by BriT
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, BriT said:

I’d just like to add to these 26 pages by insulting Stu Peters. I’ve never met the bloke but after reading 26 pages on here I’m convinced that he’s a fool and a bigot and probably also a racist and a climate change denier too who never should have been allowed to enter public office. I’m saying it on this anonymous forum, which is maintained and controlled by its moderators, and posting under the rules of this forum about not revealing my identity or anyone else’s identity. 

Thought you were describing yourself then but you left out complete asshole😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

listened to Stu with interest , and his input into the recent Tynwald budget debate , took a whole minute  !    its time someone with some business acumen was  chairing these statutory  boards , and not just jobs for the boys  for  some additional income and crumbs off the table , every statutory  board  is starting to look like a basket case , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64840646

wonder how high we will go…

I'd bet IoMPO are salivating over this precedent. The PO has a big, extremely well-remunerated management structure in particular, to pay for. And a new £1.4M parcel sorting machine.

It also needs to be remembered that, as per Treasury reinstating their skim at the last Budget, the PO is also a cash cow for Govt coffers with PO customers feeding that cow via some inordinately high postal costs, some of which are now almost twice the Royal Mail's in some categories; in that, I speak from recent experience.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Pretty soon it'll merge with DBC and go to once a fortnight collections and deliveries on every full mooon.

Do have to ask why there are so many postboxes if this is the case?  Does anyone use the 'automatic post offices'?

Didn’t they try to get rid of some which were receiving 4/5 letters a week with others a few hundred yards away & Moorhouse asked loads of questions about it!!!

• 5 months later...