Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

3 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

A disallusioned postman told me a couple of years ago that there were about two managers to each postman whether the situation has changed I do not know but apparently the service has been top heavy with management for years.     When online shopping became popular the Post Office had the perfect opportunity to capture all or most of the new business, they were all set up for it but they were not proactive and other people were.    My letter post, mostly circulars, is delivered by a very cheerful postman in a lovely new van now the van stops at every house it has mail for I thought it perhaps was a temporary measure but no this has been going on for a while now, a separate van delivers parcels.   Going green 🤣  ?

A disillusioned postman will say anything, probably whining because he’d been told to do more to pre him going to golf or his second job at 1pm when paid until 3. Why people just make stories up without checking any facts is laughable 😂

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

A disillusioned postman will say anything, probably whining because he’d been told to do more to pre him going to golf or his second job at 1pm when paid until 3. Why people just make stories up without checking any facts is laughable 😂

Is this golf with teachers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

van stops at every house it has mail for I thought it perhaps was a temporary measure but no this has been going on for a while now, a separate van delivers parcels.

That’s not true. Same postie delivers mail and parcels. Only parcel delivery is business in and around Strand st, athol st etc….

furthermore, the new parcel machine which was bought in order to attract new business has not created any new business. IOMPO are putting all their eggs in the hope of an all island Amazon contract. 

also staff have and are being laid off due to the loss of the parcel force contract. When I say staff I mean posties, not any administration staff.  

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Gizo said:

furthermore, the new parcel machine which was bought in order to attract new business has not created any new business. IOMPO are putting all their eggs in the hope of an all island Amazon contract. 

One wonders what the thinking was that thought a machine was going to bring in new business? Is it particularly attractive or sexy? Big boobs? Can the public and business owners see it and be impressed?

Just now, Non-Believer said:

One wonders what the thinking was that thought a machine was going to bring in new business? Is it particularly attractive or sexy? Big boobs? Can the public and business owners see it and be impressed?

They believed they’d take delivery of Manx Indy parcels, sort them then send them back to Manx Indy. Heads are up their arse. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Gizo said:

That’s not true. Same postie delivers mail and parcels. Only parcel delivery is business in and around Strand st, athol st etc….

also staff have and are being laid off due to the loss of the parcel force contract. When I say staff I mean posties, not any administration staff.  

According to my contact there the sorting machine was purchased to save considerable staff costs eg 4/5 staff spending hours sorting parcels by hand when the machine does it for them, this also ties in with press release, don’t recall anything saying it’s to get new business but why let facts get in the way of your storytelling!

2 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Negotiations have been and are taking place at a high level. Expect official news in due course (don’t ask Karen in Kirk Michael who chatted to a postie once).

In relation to what?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Negotiations have been and are taking place at a high level. Expect official news in due course (don’t ask Karen in Kirk Michael who chatted to a postie once).

Would that be because she'd be better informed than anyone in government?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1