Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

26 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I signed up for an account but it seemed to be targeted for business customers and I couldn’t see how to proceed?

Not sure but I had large parcels to send to uk & went online & paid depending on weight & post Office collected from door, they arrived at address in Uk 48 hours later 

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

The Post Office Act 1993 s4(2)(e) allows the PO to contract with any person to deliver the services  as its agent or otherwise.  Unless you can find something which requires a 'person' for these purposes to be an individual rather than a legal person, which is the usual interpretation and includes bodies corporate.

The application to be a sub postmaster seems to be a personal application only requiring you to disclose your personal details. This is from the IOM Post website 

474E51B6-A750-46E4-A5A5-29F2171954BE.jpeg

06F73CA6-5F2C-4DB1-BE80-8A9B08F22B04.jpeg

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Hi @Chris Thomas, any chance you could give us an update on the Bus Vannin mess? 

I will update re timetable, service and much more in the right way. Apologies to everyone affected by the contingency arrangements and their implementation. Thanks so much to bus drivers and management for going the extra mile to make a fresh start.

23 minutes ago, Chris Thomas said:

I will update re timetable, service and much more in the right way. Apologies to everyone affected by the contingency arrangements and their implementation. Thanks so much to bus drivers and management for going the extra mile to make a fresh start.

Do you know when we could expect that announcement? Thanks, Chris. 

23 minutes ago, Chris Thomas said:

Going the extra mile? I thought that was taxi drivers.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Why , its been fine without it . It would come at a cost and not sure people can support higher postal prices. Certainly not in the current climate .

No it hasn't. Stuff takes even longer to arrive. We're already paying higher prices for less service. 

1 hour ago, Chris Thomas said:

Chris if there's a need to reduce the frequency of the Southern route, please be aware that the contingency service is not the long-term solution.

Firstly, there's been overcrowding on commuter buses because they've kept single deckers on the route.  Secondly the current route south of Castletown only works with a 4 per hour service, by switching to 3 per hour buses from PSM to PE, Colby, Ballabeg route is now 1 an hour, whereas if all buses went PSM to PE then onto C/Town via Colby (2/3) or Gansey (1/3) it would conntect the Southern villages better.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

No it hasn't. Stuff takes even longer to arrive. We're already paying higher prices for less service. 

I'm not convinced that stuff taking longer is anything to do with no Saturday service. And paying higher prices again is more to do with the current climate and oil/gas and wage issues. Yes clearly anything arriving on a friday unless in early is not happaning till Monday etc but resurecting Saturday delivery will not help the issues in the rest of the week. 

Edited by Numbnuts

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Why , its been fine without it . It would come at a cost and not sure people can support higher postal prices. Certainly not in the current climate .

Most places in the UK seem to be able to manage to provide a Saturday delivery service. To me it’s an admission that the PO a isn’t really up to the job. If they rostered staff properly it shouldn’t cost much more either but the way contracts are constructed they’re paying extra to get staff to work on a Saturday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1