Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Or a letter from a loved one perhaps?

I assume you have not heard of email and text messages then?

I  fact emails are pretty outdated now and rarely used as a form of communication by the younger generations.  They certainly are not in the habit of writing letters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I  fact emails are pretty outdated now and rarely used as a form of communication by the younger generations.  They certainly are not in the habit of writing letters.

But I’m not of the younger generation.

i am from a generation who appreciates the care and time taken to compose a handwritten note.

yes I am aware of, and use, text and emails but dependent on content a letter is sometimes more appropriate.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Banker said:

Who feels ashamed collecting old age pension via micard, my mother doesn’t. The queue is because everyone turns up at same time & day & has a bit of a chat!!

The whole thing is totally antiquated, which is why old racist grandad Stu with his 'in my day' bollocks will fit in, he won't do the modernisation required as he is just an old chuff will outdated views and very little real world business experience.

There is no need for grannies or anyone to queue up to collect cash,  which they then have to take into town to queue up again to bank, just because that was what they did in ye olde times, go for a walk or play bingo if they want to meet up and have a moan about their gammy leg or doctors.

Parcels likewise print and pay at home and drop through a hatch or local collection point Daily to the door residential postal services are pointless I get bills digitally, twice a week would be fine and knowing when they will deliver would be a better option, or even better allow us to re-route post to a local collection locker if you want daily post.

All this would be a massive reduction in costs and carbon footprint,  but no doubt Stu will concentrate on getting more diesel vehicles on the road, or start competing with IOM creameries delivering Cravendale door to door, or some other granny farming bollocks.

Edited by HiVibes
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

The whole thing is totally antiquated, which is why old racist grandad Stu with his 'in my day' bollocks will fit in, he won't do the modernisation required as he is just an old chuff will outdated views and very little real world business experience.

There is no need for grannies or anyone to queue up to collect cash,  which they then have to take into town to queue up again to bank, just because that was what they did in ye olde times, go for a walk or play bingo if they want to meet up and have a moan about their gammy leg or doctors.

Parcels likewise print and pay at home and drop through a hatch or local collection point Daily to the door residential postal services are pointless I get bills digitally, twice a week would be fine and knowing when they will deliver would be a better option, or even better allow us to re-route post to a local collection locker if you want daily post.

All this would be a massive reduction in costs and carbon footprint,  but no doubt Stu will concentrate on getting more diesel vehicles on the road, or start competing with IOM creameries delivering Cravendale door to door, or some other granny farming bollocks.

There’s no need for anyone including granny’s to collect benefits as they can be paid directly to bank but lots still like cash & enjoy the outing to post office 

20 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

You paint a joyless scenario devoid of human interaction 

57 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But I’m not of the younger generation.

i am from a generation who appreciates the care and time taken to compose a handwritten note.

yes I am aware of, and use, text and emails but dependent on content a letter is sometimes more appropriate.

You are just trolling... I seriously doubt you write letters

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Even if they did, you'd need the services of a cryptographer to read the bloody thing

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You are just trolling... I seriously doubt you write letters

That is where you are wrong.

For example  I would ( and have) send a letter of condolence to a family member or friend  who had lost someone

Would you have sent a text in such circumstances?

What about those awful round robins that people write about what their family has been up to each year and include them in their Christmas cards.They may be printed but they are still letters.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 1

Just now, Manxweegie said:

Yes, as it is immediate and can convoy thoughts instantly.  

If I were the recipient of such a text I would find it disrespectful.

Such messages do not need to be immediate and should be considered not necessarily be instant.

Its as if you can’t be arsed and want to avoid the cost of a stamp