Stu Peters for Chair of Post Office

Manx Bean

The mist it is clearing. . . . I see . . . I see . . .   @HiVibes.. . . . for it is he.

Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Sans friends, sans family. Mewling and puking, and peeing his smelly old chair.

I see you HiVibes . . . I see you. One day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AOR said:

The mist it is clearing. . . . I see . . . I see . . .   @HiVibes.. . . . for it is he.

Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Sans friends, sans family. Mewling and puking, and peeing his smelly old chair.

I see you HiVibes . . . I see you. One day.

My money is on Roxanne putting some manners on him first...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

If you’re going to try and patronise me and call me names it would be better if you didn’t apologise first for it. Just own it ffs not apologise I advance  it’s passive aggressive and weakens the point you’re trying to make  

There is nothing dull about being in the present moment not matter where we find ourselves. Neither VoR not I lead dull lives. 

Equally there is nothing dull about connecting with another human. It’s good for us. 

I also do very exciting adrenaline fuelled pursuits, I enjoy them too. 

The two are not mutually exclusive. 

Just because you ride a jet ski, it doesn’t mean you don’t have to stand in a post office queue from time to time. His point was that it’s good to spend our time doing something like chatting with someone else rather than standing moaning at the queue. It’s about perspective - it’s not about dull v exciting. 

Rox. For the avoidance of any doubt I can confirm you have correctly stated my position. For which I thank you.

You can take pleasure in doing everyday things without feeling you are wasting your time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Victorian London had post deliveries up to 12 times per day.

Maybe that's what we're missing.

It'd be lovely to have post horses trotting about too.

Well it would the kids would love them ( and many adults)

But we are not Victorian London so don’t have the critical mass, nor the economies of scale for that.

But we could reintroduce Saturday deliveries. 
How about it Stu?

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it would the kids would love them ( and many adults)

But we are not Victorian London so don’t have the critical mass, nor the economies of scale for that.

But we could reintroduce Saturday deliveries. 
How about it Stu?

How about post office mopeds then? Cheaper than a transit..

Though, Saturday letter deliveries are really inconsequential in the scheme of things. What is going by post that can't wait until Monday but can be actioned on a weekend?

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged

22 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

How about post office mopeds then? Cheaper than a transit..

Though, Saturday letter deliveries are really inconsequential in the scheme of things. What is going by post that can't wait until Monday but can be actioned on a weekend?

Short notice hospital appointment letters (as we seem to still be in the 1990's rather than sending email appointments). 

Car tax disks 

Insurance documents (so you can read them and have any changes ready for a Monday morning). 

All sorts of shit, really. 

Almost every other nation manages a Saturday delivery so why not us? In the 21st century we should be looking at a 7 day a week service. Business doesn't stop just because it suits the post office. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Short notice hospital appointment letters (as we seem to still be in the 1990's rather than sending email appointments). 

Car tax disks 

Insurance documents (so you can read them and have any changes ready for a Monday morning). 

Almost every other nation manages a Saturday delivery so why not us? In the 21st century we should be looking at a 7 day a week service. Business doesn't stop just because it suits the post office. 

Car tax disks? moot when it’s online anyway. Police can check the database which is automatically updated. They’re a legacy really.

Any good insurer will send you a PDF via email too. 

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Car tax disks? moot when it’s online anyway. Police can check the database which is automatically updated. They’re a legacy really.

Any good insurer will send you a PDF via email too. 

Like I said, all kinds of stuff come in the post and as we become a 24/7 society we should be moving forwards and not back.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Eckhart Tolle says, ‘If there is no joy, ease, or lightness in what you are doing, it does not necessarily mean that you need to change what you are doing. It may be sufficient to change the how. “How” is always more important than “what.” See if you can give much more attention to the doing than to the result that you want to achieve through it.“

I don't half love, and fall for,  these quotes. But they ain't nuthin' unless you have a black and white picture alongside them of some serous looking guy, maybe he is black, or he is white or whatever . But it just ain't authentic otherwise.

And if it is on Facebook then even better.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Eckhart Tolle says, ‘If there is no joy, ease, or lightness in what you are doing, it does not necessarily mean that you need to change what you are doing. It may be sufficient to change the how. “How” is always more important than “what.” See if you can give much more attention to the doing than to the result that you want to achieve through it.“

Yeah, but he was sacked a day later.

8 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Car tax disks 

Most nations except UK did away with daily post deliveries some years ago , think it’s 3 times per week in Scandinavia and places like ANZ

I'm still to be approved by Tynwald, but if ratified I have a raft of ideas for IOMPO.

I'm going to change the house colour from red (too GPO) to yellow (much happier) and ask all the posties to wear 'Pat' name badges and whistle in a jolly manner. All vehicles will have a stuffed toy black and white cat glued to the back. I'm minded to reintroduce Saturday deliveries but only if there can be a £10 surcharge payable on the doorstep to your local Pat.

In all seriousness, anything is possible if there's funding for it (either from profits or taxes) but I expect there was a strong case to discontinue Saturday deliveries. Same with a post office on every street corner - maybe nice to have, but at what cost? Anyway, let me get my feet under the table first - I'm off to B&Q (handy) to look at yellow paint.

• Haha 2