DOI wasting Fire Brigade Time

0bserver

10 minutes ago, Cypman said:

USA make good fire fighting vehicles, the airport just got three.

Those Oshkosh Trucks are pretty awesome though.  A rare occurrence of them purchasing something appropriate and cutting edge, off the shelf. 

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

According to the associated picture on the MR site the firefighting is done from No 22 which according to Wiki is assigned to 'Permanent Way Duties' ie stuff like firefighting.

As opposed to No 21:

image.thumb.png.35894190f034ca4209e31c1132bd3674.png

Which isn't named apparently.  (That withdrawn column is one of the funniest things on Wikipedia)

Still on test?

I think the Steam Railway have a few people working on it currently that don't know what they're doing.

Uncontrolled engine fires at Douglas station (piles of thick acrid black smoke) have caused 2 evacuations I know of on Peel Road in the last 2 weeks...setting off fire alarms and filling whole buildings with smoke.

30 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I think the Steam Railway have a few people working on it currently that don't know what they're doing.

Uncontrolled engine fires at Douglas station (piles of thick acrid black smoke) have caused 2 evacuations I know of on Peel Road in the last 2 weeks...setting off fire alarms and filling whole buildings with smoke.

So that's where Longworth went!

• Haha 3

I'm afraid that despite all the speculation surrounding the safety of train and risk of them causing a fire is mis-placed. The real cause behind them has now been revealed. The word is that they were caused by Ian Longworth trying to light his farts on the his leaving party aboard the 2.10pm from Douglas.

• Haha 3

A lot of heritage railways across are using diesels instead of steam engines during the current dry weather.

The Cabbage could have taken some of the strain, and saved on some of the coal that has to be imported from distant countries now that the UK doesn't mine it any more.

If you're looking for it, I believe it's at the back of the bus garage on blocks - its wheels have gone away again.

Thieves leave two vehicles tireless | Local News Stories |  thedailyiberian.com

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, Roger Mexico said:

According to the associated picture on the MR site the firefighting is done from No 22 which according to Wiki is assigned to 'Permanent Way Duties' ie stuff like firefighting.

Yes, it’s the one shown in the photo. It tows a flat car with a water tank on it. Reminds me of Trumpton fire brigade

6 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Yes, it’s the one shown in the photo. It tows a flat car with a water tank on it. Reminds me of Trumpton fire brigade

The Corpy had some tanks for sale...wonder if they could have been repurposed 😂