Tim's Time's Up

HeliX

Just now, Kopek said:

Intriguing!!! Presumably he is going to vote against the Govt over something? But what? Sewerage,benefits, NICs, VAT, fuel subsidies or lack of, house purchase scheme????

Or maybe he really does want to spend more time with his Family!!! Hope he and his family are OK.

Possibly Peel sewage plans?

• Like 1

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Interestingly Crookall's questions in Tynwald are being answered by Tim Johnston rather than Callister or indeed Cannan who is technically the Minister.  So it's possible that he is being lined up.

Super charged farmers grants on the way then!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Callister is a Follower ,not a leader

I think he just ploughs his own, self-promoting furrow...

So Crookall was shuffled out of DOI after only 8 months in post (which was probably a good thing as he was starting to spout the same drivel as they were feeding him) and now resigns after only a few weeks at DfE.

Maybe his time at DOI educated him to the dangers of being fed said drivel; because let's face it, that's one Dept where it would happen above all else. Look at Skelly.

Lots more to come out on this, methinks.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Presumably he’s realized what a load of talentless shite the economic future of the IOM is pinned on. The only person who could remain in there politically is clearly a total buffoon like Callister who really doesn’t know what day if the week it is until someone tells him. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I doubt that very much. Asking for the role to head up the DOI would suggest otherwise. 

He asked for the role and upsticks. Just like that. Was he ever capable of taking on the role?

You back up Tim at every opportunity and your sense of loyalty is admirable but I'm not sure if your exuberance and confidence in his ability is misplaced?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Money on Glover.  He’s certainly settled into the trough quickly. Ideal position for his wife. 

Glovers wife? Are jobs doled out to friends and family? Why happened to merit, or is it who you know as opposed to what you know?

Just now, AOR said:

He asked for the role and upsticks. Just like that. Was he ever capable of taking on the role?

You back up Tim at every opportunity and your sense of loyalty is admirable but I'm not sure if your exuberance and confidence in his ability is misplaced?

Since when has ability ever been a requirement for a Ministerial position in the Manx government?  (Or some other places come to that).

The timing is the interesting thing here.  Is there something in Tynwald he want's to vote against?  Or is it because he wants to make a statement before Tynwald goes to sleep till October?  If the first maybe it's better to force the CM to sack you (as Beecroft and Thomas did[1]).  It may even be that he was 'resigned' and didn't go willingly.  It may also be that he wanted to make changes and wasn't allowed to by Cannan.

[1]  In those cases of course it was Greenhow who did the sacking - I'm not even sure he bother to tell his servant Quayle in the second case.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

Presumably he’s realized what a load of talentless shite the economic future of the IOM is pinned on. The only person who could remain in there politically is clearly a total buffoon like Callister who really doesn’t know what day if the week it is until someone tells him. 

I reckon something has either gone very badly wrong or he has had a major disagreement with CM Cannan. 

The same issues would have been discussed prior to the last reshuffle. I doubt he would have resigned over a constituency matter?

Tim has only come back because he likes the higher earnings in Tynwald and the sense of importance that being an MHK provides.  He will not have gone willingly, therefore.

In a UK context, this sort of drama normally comes from a scandal associated with the person who is fired (public or about to become so) or a major falling out with the PM.

Could Timbo be involved in a scandal?  I doubt that.  As earlier posts hinted, it is probably about collective responsibility and wanting to speak against a CoMin decision - sewage works have my vote too.

• Thanks 1