Tim's Time's Up

HeliX

9 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

No wonder he fucked off. Just heard Alf with his four pillar speech. I thought HQ was a prick, looks like Cannan is trying to out do him. Talk about pipe dreams.

Link , or a summary would I'm sure do.  

Sorted  Gef has given a summary thanks 

Edited by Numbnuts

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Gef have a summary which is a little bit sceptical.  Though probably not as much as everyone else is.

Reads like the same "Plan for the next 5 years" bollocks that we get, er, every 5 years...

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Gef have a summary which is a little bit sceptical.  Though probably not as much as everyone else is.

https://gef.im/2022/07/19/cannan-outlines-bold-economic-strategy/ 

100,000 population

Excellent plan

Hopefully solve the ecomically active population problem, rebalance the demographic, enhance the health service with the additional staff it is required to have, increase airport opening hours, more dentists, more hospitality staff, cheaper houses and reduce the number of wierd illnesses caused by inbredding and widen the gene pool.

Edited by snowman
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I am unable to believe the crap he is spouting so am unable to provide a summary. I think you would be better listening to it. I think we may have a new contender for Walter Mitty of the year

Have read Gef's summary. Not happening and 100k is pie in the sky . Unless they can change the whole demographics involving house prices and the likes who is moving here in any numbers. So much to sort out tbh and first is the air transport to the Island. 

Agree with you ...! 

Edited by Numbnuts

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Have read Gef's summary. Not happening and 100k is pie in the sky . Unless they can change the whole demographics involving house prices and the likes who is moving here in any numbers. So much to sort out tbh and first is the air transport to the Island. 

Affordable housing is mentioned.

11 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Affordable housing is mentioned.

Yes I read that but how are they going to achieve that and attract locals along with new residents without creating a issue with recent buyers. Agreed though that house and rental properties are artificially inflated .